We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

Hey guys,

we went to Aruba in the summer of 2011 and loved the island. We stayed at the Riu and loved the conveneance of all inclusive (first time ever). For our honeymoon i think it is not really romantic enough but my fiance loves it. We will be going on our honey moon between march 25th and April 20th depending on crowds and prices. We will fly from Europe

- Bucuti, nice and romantic. Maybe a bit overpriced and far from everything. 1900 euros per person for 10 nights including flights and breakfast

- Radisson. Doesn't appeal greatly to me but the revieuw seem great and the location is perfect for going out to dinner. 1550 euros per person for 10 nights including breakfast and flight.

- Hyatt. I love this hotel but it seems way over priced at 2100 euros per person for 10 nights including breakfast and flight.

- Riu, conveneant but not romantic for 2100 eur0's per person for 10 nights including flight.

What do you guys think?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,173 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

My first pick would be the Tara Suites at the Bucuti for the romance factor. Rooms in the Tara Suites have a great view and the beach is nice and quiet. You will be about a 10 minute taxi/bus ride away from both downtown and the Palm Beach area where there are more shops and restaurants.

My second choice would be the Radisson if you'd rather be walkable to more things. They have a nice beach and tropical looking grounds. Also, it seems the best bang for your buck as far as price.

Bethlehem, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

Bucuti is adults only. Great for a honeymoon.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

I agree with Amy - first choice Bucuti, second choice Radisson. If you like a balcony, Hyatt will only have a French balcony (standing room only) unless you book a Jr. Suite, which would be more money.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
617 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

Since I just got back from Aruba and stayed at both the Hyatt and Bucuti I would recommend the Bucuti for your honeymoon. The tara suite rooms are unbelievable but if its not in your budget, a superior room (even numbered rooms gets you a garden view) are great as well. The resort cant compare with the others for a honeymoon getaway.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

Bucuti Tara Suites first. (our favorite every trip.)

Radison second.

We have twin sons and one booked Bucuti for his honeymoon, and the other booked the Radison for his. Both sons and their wives were happy with their choices.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

Bucuti hands down. Alot of homeymooners stay here so you will be meeting lots of other couples. Just minutes away from high-rise and very romantic. The plus is they have one of the best beaches on the Island, never crouded and palapas are spaced so you have lots of room in between. Love beach service. We are on the beach all day it is very hard to leave, lol.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

thank you all! The bucuti it is!

phila
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

I am curious to ask what about the radisson that does not appeal to you?

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

I doesn't appeal too me look wise. I don't get a luxury hotel feel from it. I'm not sure why.

phila
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucuti,Hyatt,Radisson or Riu for our honeymoon?

Ahh, so you are looking for a luxury feel?

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach