We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba on a Budget?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kaukauna
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba on a Budget?

My husband and I were looking at going to Aruba either the end of Sept or in October. I have never been to Aruba before and am having a hard time finding a affordable hotel that is on the beach or VERY close to the beach. Can anyone make any recommendations? I do not want all inclusive so something that is within walking distance to restaurants and town as well, but a studio / kitchen as well.

A couple I have been looking at are The Mills Resort and Divi Dutch Village. I am a little picky, so somewhere very clean with a nice pool as well. THANK YOU for your help!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

I would look to rent a timeshare directly from an owner,mbut it is a bit late.

Redweek.com and other Aruba Forums have rental postings. We eat breakfast and lunch in, but you can also grill dinner to save even more.

Good luck!

New York
Level Contributor
898 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

A studio at the Divi Dutch Village would work for you. It is almost on the beach - a 1 to 3 minute walk. There are three supermarkets across the street and you could walk into town or ride a bus. Divi Dutch Village has three pools for your use.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

Stayed at the Mill for a few days to extend my timeshare week, It was fine but it is bit of a walk to the beach. It was very clean and we had a studio which had a partial kitchen.

I think your best bet, as mentioned is to rent a timeshare from an owner.

Teanne

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

Check into renting a timeshare...

low rise...Aruba Beach Club, Casa del Mar, Costa Linda, LaCabana, Paradise Beach Villas, La Quinta. All are on the beach or just across the road.

Hi rise is Divi Phoenix, Playa Linda, Marriott Surf Club, Marriott Ocean Club.

Downtown with access to a private island for your beach is Renaissance.

If you go to the resorts websites directly you might be able to find something on the rentals board.

Redweek.com and vacationcandy.com are also a places to find rentals

People also post on their timeshare rentals on the Facebook pages of their home resort. .

Edited: 30 July 2012, 21:30
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

Check out the non-hotel lodging options on a tripadvisor search.we read food was expensive so we're leaning towards the Holiday Inn AI. Also do a google search for Aruba time shares. Good luck!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
309 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

This is exactly how we travel when we go to Aruba. We love it there, but it is not cheap (we have been 6 times - not for a while now, but we just had our second baby)....I digress...

The Mill and the Divi Dutch are nice 'affordable' choices...people also like MVC Eagle beach (I have not stayed there)...we have stayed at both and we now always stay the the Divi Dutch Village. It is right behind the AI resort DiviTam, but all that mean is that you share the beach with them and your room will be a garden view...the reason we always stay there is because the rooms are clean and there are BBQs on the grounds so you can cook food...we do lunch and breakfast in and eat dinner out (there are sooooo many good restaurants. You can walk to the grocery store (we rent a car, which is cheap) and the beach is huge...we walk to Druif Beach which is wide open. I always send and email or call and make sure that we get a 1BR (which is larger...the studio can be small, but not too bad)

The downside of the Mill is that it is accross the street from the Beach and you have to walk through (kind of) the Westin to get to the Beach...but it is closer to the action (high rise area)...

Hope this helps...good luck...

Altoona...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

I sent you a pm that may be helpful

Boston
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

Priceline an oceanfront resort for $95 bucks.

phila
Level Contributor
513 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

Did you get your airfare to aruba yet?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aruba on a Budget?

Divi Dutch is on the beach...it is a short walk to the grocery store. We had a 1 bedroom unit this summer... it is quite large and extremely clean! Choice of 3 pools...plenty of lounge chairs...and was a quiet place! Good luck and have fun! (The kitchen area is very well equipped - stove, full refrigerator, microwave/convection oven)

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach