We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Accepting Suggestions

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
734 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Now Accepting Suggestions

So I thought I had my trip all planned out...and then we waited to long and the ocean front suite is no longer available at the Majestic Elegance in feb, march, or mid april....

Soo...We are opening up the floor to suggestions...Here are the criteria that we want...

1. All Inclusive

2.Caribbean preferred Mexico Accepted

3. 7 Night stay, anytime between late February and Mid April

4. $3500- $4500 including airfare (airfare from indy is about $800 for the two of us)

5. Large pool, or very calm ocean for swimming

6. Good sized beach, plenty of chairs

7. Willing to pay over $4k if I can upgrade to a nice room with guaranteed ocean views

8. Good food (for an AI)

9. Plenty of Activities, (one friend really enjoys pool/beach volleyball, pool basketball, etc)

I think that's it for now! Thanks in advance for the help!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

# of people / ages?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
734 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

3 couples, all between ages 26-28

My wife and I have been to:

Riu Cabo San Lucas

Sun Palace Cancun

Majestic Elegance Dominican Republic

Couples Negril

Another Couple has been to Sandals Emerald Bay, and the other couple has been to all of the mexico hot spots.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

I do not believe you will find what you are looking for in Aruba.

The only possibility would be the Riu. It would probably be out of your price range during high season, and right about $5,000 for an oceanview suite including air from IND.

There is a large pool area, but it does get crowded and you will need to awaken early for shade on the beach. The water along Palm beach will fit your requirement of "calm ocean for swimming."

I would seriously read through some of the reviews to get a better feel for the drawbacks of the resort.

New York
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

Take a look at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Jamaica. All-inclusive, Adults Only resort.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
753 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

I would suggest going to the Sandals Grande in Ochos Rio, Jamaica! Out has everything you have asked for. Price range $3-5k. I'd call them directly after you look at their website. Reason is the website can say that a room style is booked. That is booked maybe for a couple of days of your stay. So you can stay at one room for say 3 days and another for 4 days. With the website this isn't possible. (I hope that made sense to you)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

You have a big budget if you can fly or $400 (or was that $800 a piece).

Could do non-AI in Aruba and have a great time eating at fabulous restaurants at that price.... or you could stay at a cheaper AI and save money for another trip...

But I agree with someone who said you are likely not going to find anyything similar to your past experiences in aruba, which may or may not be fine with you.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

Based on your travel history, I would recommend the Riviera Maya. There are dozens of properties there that offer the A-I experience you are accustomed to. I also recommend getting south of Cancun to Puerto Morelos, (Now Sapphire), or Playa del Carmen,(Royal PDC). You could even look into Playacar at the Riu properties. RIU palace Mexico is about $100.00 cheaper per person per night than RIU Palace Aruba.

While we always have a big Aruba trip in July, we also try to get to the Riviera Maya in Feb. or April.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
753 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

Dogwriter, doesn't it rain a lot in the Riviera Maya?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

"Dogwriter, doesn't it rain a lot in the Riviera Maya?"

Compared to Aruba, yes. However, the winter months through early spring are pretty dry. Looking at mid-February for this year and the climate charts are great. That being said, weather is weather and it seldom reads the climate charts. It just happens.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now Accepting Suggestions

Used to go to PDC/Tulum almost every April (6 times total) and remember one rain shower that lasted about 30 minutes. Generally, as said above, very sunny that time of year. Their rainy season is late summer through fall.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach