We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calling my cell?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
calling my cell?

how do I call a local number on my USA AT@T cell?

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: calling my cell?

297 is the country code.

It would be cheper to just switch your sim card at the airport and do pre-paid. Setar has a kiosk after you exit the airport (inside the airport).

london
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calling my cell?

Can anyone tell me the best way to call the UK from Aruba please. I won't be calling a lot but we are leaving our Son "home alone" for 2 weeks and yes he is 22 but i still worry lol :)

New York
Level Contributor
773 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: calling my cell?

toothxt The last time I was in Aruba, with amy At&T phone, no need to apply any special numbers. O course the 1- area code and number. Unless things have changed since. Same thing when I was in Bermuda.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: calling my cell?

since your cell is a us cell phone, you typically do not have to put anything special in front of it (like the country code). You may have to use a 1 before the area code however.

As far as popping in a prepaid sim at the airport, that is what we've been doing. You get your own phone number and everythign. No plan. Just the cost of the sim. it lasts till your next trip as long as you use it for a minute or so every 5-6 months....

BUT, your cell phone needs to be unlocked to use another sim card.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: calling my cell?

My daughter travels alot for work so we always skype on the computor. Cheaper than a call (might be free) and you can see them, lol.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: calling my cell?

It seems aruba (like many vacation destinations) don't really offer a ton of free/dependable wifi. There are SOME spots, but otherwise, you are bound to the confines of the typically spotty and pricey hotel wifi. Its the same cost (or cheaper) for me to get a sim card, then it is to get wifi.

7. Re: calling my cell?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations