We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Westin

We our a group of 4.

Considering staying here in November. A few questions.... I have read that the water isn't calm here, Is that true?

And it's also windier here.

Is there a shop near by to rent snorkeling gear? We have our own, but others in our group do not.

How long will it take to walk mid strip to the nightlife and restaurants?

Or walk to Eagle beach?

Also looking at The Radisson, but hear the beds are more comfortable at the Westin.

Thanks everyone.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin

The water is a crap shoot. We have stayed at the Westin before, but usually stay at the Divi. The Divi has seen some rough surf, just as the westin has. It is more of a weather condition than a location issue. When we stayed at the divi, the surf was very calm, but the winds were high. Again... The wind is relative to the weather. Allegedly the westin's location makes it a bit more subject to more aggresive winds... But, you will welcome with winds (its hot!).

From the driveway to the westin, to the midst of the Palm Beach strip is about 7-8 min (give or take) dependent upon your stride.

You dont walk to Eagle Beach. :) I mean, you can - but it's a bit of a jaunt. By sand, its likely a good 45+ minutes each way. If not more. I would think its 3 miles or so. Longer by road a bit.

The beds were nice at the Westin, however, i have yet to hear a single bad thing about the radisson. The radisson's location is in the middle of palm beach, a bit closer to everything (not by much). Just like with anything, you end up sacrificing something for something! With that being said, i wouldnt look over the Westin. it was very nice, and likely a bit cheaper than the Rad. The westin is a great hotel that doesnt tend to get the attention it deserves.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin

You will definately get calmer water on Palm Beach than Eagle or Druif. Palm beach water is often flat unless a boat is going by. There is more wind by the Westin due to the way the hotel was built, just like th RIU is also more windier.

All Palm Beach shopping and dining are within walking distance.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin

Thank you jasejase... We were originally scheduled for Boardwalk Aruba Hotel and with 6 weeks to go before we left, Boardwalk cancelled our reservation due to renovations!!!! We booked through Expedia back in March, so Expedia is offering us to stay @ Westin with NO additional cost. Thinking we will take them up on their offer.

We will NEVER consider Boardwalk again!! We had our reservations for 6 months and they did this!! Still upset as you can see....

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin

We stayed at the Westin and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!

We were there last September and the water was pretty calm. I used my springfloat several times. Plus the pool is close to the beach for a quick dip also.

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin

You will be so happy you stayed at the Westin. We are going back in November and staying at the Westin for the second time.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin

We stayed at the Westin a few years ago. We had such a good experience, that we are staying there again in October. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Lubbock
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin

I just got back from staying at the Westin and I would definitely consider it again for my next trip! One thing I noticed was that less stuff washed up on the beach at the Westin (not that there was a lot anywhere else).

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin

You can rent snorkle equipment right on the beach at the Westin. However the snorkling is not much off the beach at the hotels along Palm Beach. We took a trip out on the Octopus and had a great time. The Octopus had snorkle equipment for those who did not have it. Read the forums regarding snorkling at Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach and Malmock. These are located a short ride from the Westin. We are going to try snorkling at these beaches on our next trip. The Westin is known for their "Heavenly Beds". I not sure if the Aruba Westin has the same beds as Key West Westin, but their's were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin

Thanks everyone. Patbob12, we will be renting a car and those beaches are on our list to do some snorkling from the beach. We will have our friends look for this place to rent gear from. Definately want the Heavenly Beds, we look for places that have the most comfortable beds. Been to Riviera Maya many times and have not found a comfortable bed so far. Hope this trip to Aruba will be different.

10. Re: Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations