We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Fishbone as a gift?

New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Flying Fishbone as a gift?

I have friends honeymooning at Bucuti & Tara I was thinking about making them a reservation at Flying Fishbone for dinner.

I understand it's about $30 each way by taxi unless they decide to rent a car for the day. About what is the cost for dinner? On the website it allows you to select a Gift Certificate amount. Wondering if it's worth it to surprise them with this dinner; but then expect them to pay to get to the resort on their own. And then would $150 be enough?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

$150 sounds like a very nice gift. If they decide to rent a car, here's video with directions on how to get there. See:

bentpage.net/2011/…

You're a great friend!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

I would consider Passions instead. It's a lot closer and also on the beach. That cab ride to FF is pricey.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

I agree with Gracie-boo. Plus, FF is not as romantic as Passions. The setting at Passions is nicer -I think so at least.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

Another vote for Passions. Its a great setting, great service and MUCH easier to get to. If I rented my own car and was there for 10 days I would do Flying Fishbone...but short of that I would not spend at least an hour commuting for my dinner no matter how good it is plus throw in another 60 for the cab.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,047 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

Vote #4 for Passions. :)

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
405 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

Well here is vote #5 for Passions. Setting is so romantic and the food is good too. Such a thoughtful gift.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

If they have a car, FF is good. How about Barefoot. Or Old Man/Sea, again need a car

Take a car to Barefoot, a great restaurant.

Nice gift

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

Loved Barefoot, food is great but if they have a car FF is very nice 150 would be more then enough.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

Our children gave us a 150.00 gift card for Passions (husband's fav) for this years trip. We have been to F.F. 5 xs and last time - found it crowded. If you want that type of atmosphere I recommend Old man and the Sea. We are going there this time instead of F.F.

BUT..... you do need a car - tell them to rent a car for a day and do the "wild side" of the island during the day and use car for restaurant at night - well worth the $ !!!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying Fishbone as a gift?

Have been to both Flying Fishbone and Passions a few times for each one and we prefer Passions. Much more romantic and lots of space between the tables. The service and food are very good. We find the position from which you can see the sunset is much better at Passions. I would choose Passions. That is a very nice Anniversary gift. Also there is a Sax Player there who is very good and will come and serenade you at your table, at least he did for us on our anniversary. When you make the reservation make sure to tell them about the anniversary.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 18:45
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach