We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

Is the Curaco tower been remodeled and has it re-opened?

Can anyone who has been there lately comment on the food?

Looking to go all-inclusive (same price as not) and wondering how the food /drinks are? What can you expect for lunch / suppers?

Thanks !

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,030 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

The Curacao Tower at the Holiday Inn is currently being renovated but will not be open until approx. Jan. 2014.

n.y.
Level Contributor
918 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

The italian restaurant at the H I was not good last year when we were there . The breakfast buffet was O K , we only ate there because it was thrown in on our package . And the beach restaurant was just O K . I personally would not get all inclusive , there are to many good restaurants with in walking distance of the H I .

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

If it is the same price for AI and just the room, just get the AI and plan your days when you are there. If there during peak time and you want to go to some restraurants, book reservations prior to leaving.

Why not get the AI if it's the same price? It makes no sense not to. That way you can get a soda, drink or snack whenever you want.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

As DiviAruba said if it the same price go for it, your drinks are included so just on that you will save. The pool is very nice, the beach IMO is not as nice as it is at the Divi. If I wanted to do AI I would go to the Divi before HI. The rooms are not fancy but the AI is great and the beach is the best in Aruba.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

Its not going to be the same price at the same hotel...that makes no sense. I am pretty sure the question is they can stay at the HI all inc or somewhere else for the same price...hotels can be dumb but that would be beyond dumb, lol.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

LOL your right, then no question about it Dont do the AI. Food at the HI does not get great (or even good) reviews.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

Last week jack hammers were going daily....would not want to be staying there right now, they are also constructing a new pool. The place is in dire need of a makeover.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

If that it is the case, what other hotel can you stay for the same price at the HI All-Inclusive? I have actually seen the difference beween a room and AI at the same hotel for less than $50. per week. You never know when they are trying to fill up the hotels.

I am surprised they are redoing the pool during peak season, doesn't make sense.

ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

Thanks for your feedback and comments. LOVE this forum

The HI from Toronto AI is only $100.00 more for the entire week per person than to go non-AI. so as you said it, to cover drinks its a no-brainer. The other hotels non-AI are more than the HI all inclusive for the time period we are looking. The only hotel that is less than HI all inclusive or not is THE MILL (non-AI).

I am not into listening to jackhammers on our first trip to Aruba. Hmm perhaps that is why it is coming in so affordable.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn - has anyone been there recently to comment ?

We booked the HI as AI for Last Dec. Likewise, it was only a small amount more than non-AI. But then we changed our mind and paid around $350 more for 11 nights at the Tamarijn instead. It was SO worth it for the location alone.

Of course I can’t comment on the HI food or service, but we did walk right past it on our way to check out Palm Beach one day. Looking up at the dated old building with all the tiny, wall-to-wall balconies looking over the parking lot, we were very glad we booked at the Tam and had our beautiful ocean front location with unobstructed view. Then walking along the beach and just seeing how crowded it was around there (although mind you, the HI seemed less crowded than some areas with wall to wall palapas), we were even more happy that we switched.

The Tam is usually cheaper than the Divi but has great room locations. Sure, it’s not high end fancy, but I’d bet it’s better than the HI. If you stay at the Tam you can use the Divi, including the beach area, pools. You have access to the 2 buffets, 3 a la cartes, 3 snack/pizza/grill options, and multiple bars. But the best reason to stay there is the location. The beach is so beautiful and spacious.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach