We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

We are thinking of booking a trip at the Divi All Inclusive for Dec 3 - Dec 8. We are weighing it against the Occidental. The package we're looking at for the Divi would put us in the Lanai building, which I hear is a good one. Also, I hear the beach is less crowded, which would be nice. We don't need a big party atmosphere (although we wouldn't mind it either).

My concern is that there aren't non-smoking rooms at the Divi. I'm an ex-smoker, and I guess karma is getting back at me by making me extremely sensitive to the smell of old cigarette smoke. So, does anyone have any experience with the rooms, and whether or not they smell like smoke?

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

Have you considered the Tamarijn? You probably know that you could use all the amenities of both resorts and that the Tam's rooms are not only all ocean-front, they are a bit less costly. We were able to reserve NON-SMOKING rooms on our three visits and didn't get even one whiff in any of them.

Congratulations on quitting and good luck with your trip-planning!

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

Our travel agent didn't present the Tam as a choice, so I hadn't thought about it. I'll check with him and see! Thank you for the advice!!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

We went three times and we loved the Tam. Clean, comfortable rooms, nice staff, decent food and top-shelf liquor at the bars (and three of the four a la carte restaurants are actually AT the Tam, not the Divi). We have also made some great friends there.

The pool scene isn't that great, but the beach. OMG--the beach.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 23:45
Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

All the lanai rooms were remodeled in December. Those will definately be the newest rooms. I thought all the Divi resorts were non-smoking in the rooms.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

When we were at Divi I always smoked on the Patio, never a problem, we always stayed in the Lanie section. My husband does not smoke (x smoker) and if it were a problem I would have heard about it.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

Never noticed a smoke odor in any room we stayed at.....

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

According to the FAQS on their website, all the rooms are smoking rooms. Of course, I know how those things can be neglected.

Chicopee, Mass
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

I always stay at Divi I do not smoke and never had an issue. My hubby is a smoker and seeing as we have a patio he has no problem smoking outside which I believe most people must do as well.

9. Re: Do the rooms at the Divi smell like smoke?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach