We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct reservation or travel website

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Direct reservation or travel website

I usually prefer booking directly, but the price quoted by Amsterdam Manor seems higher than using a site like Kayak or Expedia. Am I missing something, like hidden fees? Total for 7 nights in May through AM is $1500. Has anyone ever booked directly with AM and had the rate lowered after mentioning a cheaper rate elsewhere? I usually prefer dealing directly to save the middle-man fees and help the resort save in their costs. Thanks !

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

They actually honored a rate I quoted them with Bookit. I don't know their policy and whether or not they always do this, but it was our second visit there. It doesn't hurt to try! If you have AAA, they will also give you that rate.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,637 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

I assume the price you mention is for a Standard Studio. On the AM web, click on Specials. There is a 10% discount that will be the same price that you found on Expedia. One advantage in booking direct is that you don't have to pay the full amount up front. You do with Expedia.

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

Thank you, jl. Prices always look good on sites....UNTIL you click book, then you see all the extra charges. :) The direct reservation isn't much higher, but it is still $10 extra a day than other sites. More than anything I was curious about this.

Amsterdam was more direct and included all the extra charges, so it appeared higher than normal.

And thanks to everyone who has posted so many answers for those of us wanting to travel to Aruba for the first time.

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

Tony, thank you for that insight. That also makes a difference!

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
164 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

We are all happy to help in any way. I remember our first trip to Aruba, never thinking that we would be lucky enough or even want to visit so often. It is a fabulous place, and a family favorite.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

When we stayed at AMBR in 2011, I booked directly with the hotel. Believe me, I don't spend an extra penny if I don't have to and I did exhaustive research. I lucked into some great flight fares and we had one of our best trips ever. You've chosen well. I hope you love it, too!

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

Thank you all! Just a quick update. I did book directly with them, and they were willing to match what I had found. Not much of a difference, but always nice to deal directly with a company and keep costs lower.

Booked directly with airlines, and price went up by $20 last night, and dropped down again today (Go figure).

Reserved car with Hans (as everyone suggested) and smooth as silk.

I love TA and will continue to search and read about Aruba. But not too much! It's always nice to simply enjoy a vacation and not do "question & answer overload".

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

Amsterdam Manor and Tropic (Hans) - my favorite hotel and car rental!

Sounds like you're all set! Have a great trip! :)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

I booked AMH wednesday night through Expedia. I had seen the rate lower on another site so after I completed the reservation I called Expedia with the other price that they matched and a $50.00 coupon.I also applied for the credit card that they advertised which was approved in just a couple of min. That will give us an additional $125.00 credit. Since there is NO hidden fees I will keep the card until we get back from Aruba then cancel. We did the same thing last year. The total cost for 7 nights/2 adults $1305.36 Hey, every little helps. We have been going to Riviera Maya MX. This will be our first trip to Aruba.

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct reservation or travel website

Thank you, Amy. I've read many of your Aruba posts. In fact, I made sure to request a specific room based on your information. The one thing I've not found too much information on is local food, like snack trucks. I've told the wife that they are easy to find and must be all over the place. We'll enjoy ourselves as we look for local flavor.

Piratefan, congrats on your deal. What month did you choose for your trip?

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach