We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

I have been told that the Marriott Ocean Club has been recently renovated and all the rooms are in the same condition/decor. Is this the case with the Marriott Surf club too?

Mentioned in this post
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Marriott's Aruba Ocean...
1,282 Reviews
Aruba
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
Marriott's Aruba Surf...
2,960 Reviews
Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
969 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

I've never been in the Ocean Club. But IMO all Marriott timeshare resorts have just about the same furnishings and normally when they need to be replaced they do it. I've been in many of them and have never been disappointed.

The Surf Club is very nice inside. I will be returning there in August.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

They are both very nice- we've stayed in both several times. I might have pictures in reviews for TA- I'll check.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

Ocean Club for a couple of years ago.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d218…

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

I guess I've never done a review for the Surf club- Whoops! I have a few pictures of a 1BD unit from Surf Club from last summer if you want them I can email them to you. Send me a message if you're interested.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

I have been looking at both properties. From what I have gathered Surf Club is a little newer, much larger (and therefore higher density/crowded) and has a large, lazy river pool. It attracts many families. Ocean Club is smaller and not quite as high density, but they do not have washer/dryers in each 1 bedroom unit like Surf Club does. At OC laundry rooms are located in the hallways of each floor, maybe? From my understanding, rooms at both properties are in good, Marriott quality shape.

We are also looking at these two properties as well as the Radisson for a family trip in Feb.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

Jess- You're right about both properties! :) The laundry for the Ocean Club is located on each floor (or at least every other floor- seems we've always been on a floor that has laundry). The laundry has always been free to wash and dry, just bring your own detergent and fabric softener. The may leave a packet or 2 in your unit to start, but I usually just buy some at the grocery store the day we arrive so I have it. Also if you're renting at the Surf Club in a studio you'll have to use the laundry room I think on the 1st floor- also free.

These 2 resorts used to allow you to use ALL ammenities no matter where your unit was, but they are pretty strict about keeping you at your resort now. If you have kids I would suggest the Surf Club as the pool area is more kid friendly. BUT adults don't fear they have a nice adults only pool that they policed very well to keep kids out and NO floats allowed in that pool no matter how old you are!

The only thing that irritates me with the Marriott is the Wi-Fi. You get spotty service in the pool area and lobby and NOTHING in your room. I wish they would get this updated. You can usually get WiFi at Moombas next door if you're at the beach....drinks are cheaper too :)

Radisson is also very nice, but if you like the timeshare vacation style you'll probably feel a little cramped in the Radisson rooms.

Rockland, Ma.
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

I own at theSurf Club and have stayed at the Ocean Club. If you are going with children then you should stay at the Surf Club. If you are going without children the Ocean Club would be more relaxed. But if you want to use the lazy river then you will have to stay at the Surf Club.

Michigan
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

One additional note...Surf Club is now wireless throughout...beach, pool rooms and lobby...I'm typing this on my iPad in my room now. ;-)

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

That's awesome! One more plus for staying at Surf Club- have you heard if the Ocean Club has followed suit?

Michigan
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriott Ocean Club vs Surf Club

Sorry, I don't know whether Ocean Club is now wireless, too. I'll be sure to update you if I hear anything. ;-)

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach