We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

DC
6 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

Things just fell into place in our schedules and were able to book a last minute stay in Aruba - for end of June to early July. 8 nights/9days, going to split the time between the Raddison and the Hyatt. First time in Aruba and coming in with a family of 4. Because of the last minute planning we have a bunch of questions! I started to search through the forums and got some questions answered (ie where to stay!) but some questions still remain...

1) Any recommendations for Lunch/Dinner options near either location that are kid friendly (4 and 7). Kids love Asian/Indian/Italian food, kids don't care much for Mac/cheese or seafood.

2) Any must do activities you all can recommend?

3) We come in on a Wed around 3pm - does anyone have experience with Cab drivers willing to stop at a grocery store on the way to our hotel so we can buy snacks/food/drinks? Any recommendation on where we can stop on the way (first part of the stay is at the Radisson.

4) Looking at a map the two properties don't seem that far - anyone have experience wtih getting a cab to go between the properties when we shift?

Thanks in Advance for all your help!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

You are close by many places to eat. Bugaloe on the pier is great and inexpensive but I would be nervous with a 4 yr old. Gilligans at the Radisson, Casa Tua, Smokey Joes, Salt and Pepper, Dushi Bagels-excellent at the Playa Linda.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

Take a look at RestaurantsAruba.com

Menus, location, prices for many restaurants; also a "kid friendly" section.

Enjoy your trip

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

Senor Frog's is right across the street; and TGIFriday's is about 10 mins. away in the Paseo Herencia mall. Also, an Asian restaurant a couple of mins. from your front door. And a Hard Rock Cafe. I think there might be a couple more within a 5-7 min. walk, but since we don't have any kids with us I usually don't keep track of restaurants catering to kids. Oh, just remembered - a Burger King about 4-6 min. walk to your left of the front door in the Arawak Garden shopping area (where Casa Tua is as well); if that is something you would consider.

I believe all taxi drivers will stop for you; I think they charge an extra $3 per 5 min. waiting time, in additional to the standard $25 fare from the airport. When we buy groceries we usually go to Ling and Son, but only after we check into our hotel and leave the luggage; then we take a taxi back for groceries. It will usually take us at least 30 mins. to shop; that would be an additional $18+ for our taxi fare. Doing it "our way" we pay an additional $22 ($11 each way) for a taxi that does not wait for us. There is also an additional $2 fee if they store groceries in their trunk.

The Hyatt and Radisson are very close; only the Occidental is in between. Depending on how much luggage you have, you could "maybe" walk over yourselves, either on the street or boardwalk; I can't think that it would be more than 5 mins. I think the "cheapest" taxi fare would be $6. And taxi's are usually sitting right in front of the front door, or can be called by the bell hop in just a few mins.

Hope this info is helpful. I believe it is relatively accurate as we have stayed at the Radisson about a half dozen times - and will be at the Hyatt the end of Aug. Of our 21 trips to Aruba all have been in the Palm Beach/High Rise section, so we are very comfortable there.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
813 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

J.H Yees is very good for asian food. I know there is an Indian restaurant right next to J.H Yees. Hard Rock Cafe and TGIFridays are an option too. Of course, there's always McDonalds, Wendys and BK all within walking distance.

I would suggest going to your hotel before going to the super market. Leave the kids with one parent while the other parent goes shopping.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

There are a few good activities for kids listed here:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20409-Aruba_Ac…

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

I have a related question that's applicable to this thread. Are there any places people could recommend that are both semi-romantic but not unwelcoming for a young child, preferably in the Palm Beach area? It doesn't have to have child-friendly food or a children's menu, and we wouldn't be looking for a super-casual or chain sort of vibe.

Thanks!

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

My kids enjoyed Bugaloe, Smokey Joe's & Matthews

DC
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

Thank you all for the help! So much info so fast! Looks like stopping on the way over doesn't save much money, so might as well get to the hotel first and get setlled in! Lots of food options mentioned, will start to look into them and let you all know if I have any questions!

thanks again!

Rockland, Ma.
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

My grandkids love Buccaneers because of the big fish tank in one of the dining areas. Just ask for a table with one of the big viewing windows.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Options for a Family with kids

On the street side of your hotel there is also a Quiznos/Sbarro both togeather in the same store. It's good for Italian and meat in a bun etc for the kids. Air conditioned too.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach