We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Linda Beach?

Leonia
Level Contributor
111 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Linda Beach?

I have been reading mixed reviews on the beach at Playa Linda. This will be our first trip to Aruba. We have been to several other islands in the Caribbean: St. Kitts, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, etc. Would you see the beaches in Aruba are at all similar to any of those? People have been saying the water is muddy and smelly!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

I have been to PR and St. kitts-the beach is at least as nice no worries.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 14:34
Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

I don't remember reading a mixed review on this forum about the beach at Playa Linda. I think it's a beautiful place with a nice beach and I own at the Phoenix so no bias really.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

arubaweek6 - you can go to this link and read the recent reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147249-d150694…

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

PL has a 98% average occupancy rate year-round and, according to RCI, is the toughest TS to trade into in Aruba...So the beach probably doesn't suck too much, eh?

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

Amy I did know those were there, but I should have been more clear stating my opinion. I was trying to say that on this Forum, you won't find many critical reviews of the Playa Linda, but in the reviews section it's different! That is something that always troubles me-the reviews seem sometimes overly critical - like the kids club slam on one and referring to it as a hotel! The people on this forum know it's not a hotel and shouldn't be compared to one. As a timeshare resort it's very good though.

Sorry should have been more specific with my "pet peeve"! I talk better than I write - haha!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

Read that review but I will discount it and say they must have been at "another PL" with comments like there are no places to eat for kids...There are more places for kids to eat than anywhere else ive been too....

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

Sometimes I read hotel reviews and don't understand them. My favorite recent one was regarding the Westin - the reviewer said that you had better rent a car because there were no restaurants to walk to. There are a TON of walkable restaurants from the Westin. Did they only venture a few feet from the lobby? I just don't get it.....

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

Amy maybe they went out the front of the Westin and turned right, lol. Otherwise there are at least 50 plus places to eat at within a short walk.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

I stay at Costa Linda but walked the beach over at the Playa Linda this past June and the beach and water were absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy!

Leonia
Level Contributor
111 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Linda Beach?

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts on the beach. You are right that the reviews of a place are often off base. It's just the reviews that I have found to be true that are scary. The good news here is that there are many more positive than negative beach reviews so I feel better that I will agree with the majority. I wonder if these recent poor reviews have to do with the time of year? We won't be there until January. At that point I am sure any amount of sunshine/sand will be amazing.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach