We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

How come there are not too many recent reviews of the Playa Linda. I know this is a timeshare but it doesn't get many reviews.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

This is impossible to answer. The PL gets lots of great press on the forum, well-deserved, I'm sure. Perhaps the folks who stay there feel that's sufficient. Many TA regulars don't write reviews--you'd have to threaten the lives of my kids to stop ME from writing them, but that's just me. I have lots of opinions AND I like to write.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

I believe too that few owners write reviews of their timeshares. Many of the reviews would come from folks who have exchanged into the resort or purchased nights on their own.

There are tons of reviews for the Surf Club because they always have availability.

The Playa Linda resort in our past experience was difficult at best to exchange into, so there would naturally be fewer "non" owners to write reviews.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

"The Playa Linda resort in our past experience was difficult at best to exchange into, so there would naturally be fewer "non" owners to write reviews"

Exactly..

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

Very hard to trade into. All of our years of trading, we never got into PL.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

Also, owners tend to "harass" other owners who give a review that might be less than stellar. I gave an average review of a restaurant on TA and heard back from the owner as well as had someone put me down on the timeshare's owners' forum for the review. This was not Playa Linda but may give some insight as to why the reviews are not written. I did have the opportunity to exchange into Playa Linda on several occasions for my vacation in June but was focused on another resort. I am sure it depends on the time of year a person is exchanging into.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

I have never heard of such a thing ever happening....Could you give an example or a link?

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

Playa Linda has the best location on Palm Beach. We walked through the resort while we were there and if you are interested in a timeshare the location can't be beat. We were at the Divi Phoenix and it was off the beat & path. Actually I liked Costa Linda on Eagle Beach better. I'm not a fan of Palm Beach, the water is murky, the beaches are crowded and there are too many boats going in & out. The clarity of the water on Eagle beach is far superior.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

"I have never heard of such a thing ever happening....Could you give an example or a link?"

I am not sure for which item you are requesting a link or example to but I gave all the information I want to give. I received personal messages on this board and comments were made on an owner board about a dinner review for a timeshare I own which is not Playa Linda.

I just think, owner or not, people should give an honest review when reviewing resorts, restaurants and activities without fear of negative comments being made to them. As for the original poster, there are several reviews of Playa Linda on TA.

9. Re: Not too many reviews of the Playa Linda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach