We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

We were staying at a 3 Bedroom rental house in Palm beach last week and we were broken into and lost $3000 worth of computers and electronics!

We had the arm activated and even had lights and TV on ! This didnt deter them and it takes about 30 mins for the security to show up anyhow and over 2 hrs for the police !

I know it could happen anywhere but it was very unsettling for my kids and we had to move to the Westin , just to be secure and safe , for the final 10 days !

I live in the States and it could happen here too , but i was told that there is a crime ring for Americans who rent houses , especially in Palm Beach , according to the Police , and they are constantly being watched by young hoods and the word spreads about easy targets , Alarms or not .......DONT be a fool like me and please make sure you lock away any electronics , passports and anything else of value befor you leave the house , for any short period of time even .

Dont make it easy for these ratbags and low-lifes to ruin your holliday on such a beautiful place !

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

Sorry to hear this....

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

I'm sorry, too. I hope your homeowner's insurance will cover the loss.

3. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:05
Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

There are a lot of people with rich, full lives outside of Trip Advisor.

I used to be suspicious of "one-post wonders" until I realized that everyone has to start somewhere and if a traveler doesn't KNOW about TA (incredible as that may seem to some of us who are here frequently), he or she may certainly be "forgiven" for venting his or her spleen about a bad experience. This OP has been a member since 2005.

The OP didn't say that Aruba was a terrible place--just that he/she had a terrible experience. The OP didn't even IDENTIFY the place where he/she stayed, which shows remarkable restraint, in my opinion. I know I'd be baying for BLOOD and flinging names all over the place.

Who am I to judge?

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

Thanks for the information... Sorry this happened.

Glad everyone is safe.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

I hate hearing things like this, especially at what I feel is my home away from home. Yes, it could happen anywhere but while on vacation is upsetting. I hope you are able to get money back for your belongings.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

Our room was robbed at the Divi Links in March, so I know how you feel. I was actually in the bedroom when they broke in.

jgoodwin56, this poster also has two reviews in the past two years, just doesn't post.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 00:22
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

Lori, por que não é mais como ensinar?

9. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:05
New Jersey
Level Contributor
407 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Robbed in Palm Beach last week !!!!!

Some people are not motivated to take the time to post unless they are unhappy. It doesn't mean that they complain about everything, just that they will voice a problem when they see it. It's not like the poster has 50 reviews and never has a good thing to say about anything.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations