We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchebo with older "kids"

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
228 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Manchebo with older "kids"

Hello all. Here's the background: we've never been to Aruba before, but it seems like a really nice place to relax, and we can get a good nonstop flight from DC over New Year's. We are bringing our college-aged kids (20 and 22). We all like sitting on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, and touring around places (we'll probably rent a car). Six nights.

I would really like to avoid the larger, crowded resorts where it's a competition just to get a beach chair (plus many places are sold out or >$1000/day). The Manchebo has room.

Question: will it feel too "honeymoon-ish" or sedate for our kids? I know the forum has addressed this issue about little kids, but wondering if anyone can comment about the general vibe. Is the pool nice there?

I truly appreciate any and all comments!!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchebo with older "kids"

Manchebo will not feel "honeymoonish" especially over NYE. Beach is fantastic, pool is just a small rectangle.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchebo with older "kids"

Not sure if your kids are male or female, but there will more than likely be much to look at on Manchebo beach LOL! In all of our visits to Aruba, we stayed next door twice at Bucuti and more often than not there were topless women on the beach at the hotel. I'm not saying that in a negative way, nor am I judging, just throwing it out there! I think it would be a great place for your family. As Amy said the pool is small and quite plain.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchebo with older "kids"

I don't think you will go wrong with the Manchebo. Great beach and just a short taxi ride to all the high-rise action. for the young adults.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchebo with older "kids"

If a few topless sunbathers is not a problem, I am sure that you will be pleased with Manchebo. Have you checked out Amsterdam Manor. 2 BR accomodations may work better for you. Great beach although

the hotel is across a street and not directly on the beach. I would choose AM if travelling with 20 something kids.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchebo with older "kids"

I'm inclined to agree with Tony, but I don't think you'd regret a stay at Manchebo, either. Hope your kids will enjoy Aruba as much as ours do!

6. Re: Manchebo with older "kids"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach