We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish Question

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Fish Question

On our recent first trip to Aruba, we tried a fish called "djampou" at Fishes and More which was delicious. Upon returning home, I decided to look up this fish just to see what it really looked like since we were served a fillet. On the web search, the only time this fish is mentioned is in conjunction with the restaurant. I even looked it up as a Dutch word or a Papamiento word without any luck. Can anyone give me a description of this fish or a link to where I can find a photo of this fish? Thanks!

Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
310 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish Question

You may want to contact them. I haven't heard of it either and curious about it now. Was it a mild flavor fish or strong?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish Question

I believe it's a lionfish. That's what most people in Aruba call it.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish Question

Nos Clubhuis also serves Lionfish.

Link to photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

n.y.
Level Contributor
903 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish Question

WE were at a seafood restaurant in Charleston and they serve lionfish , the waitress said it's fairly new to their menu .

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish Question

You have solved the mystery, Amy! Thanks for the link to the photo...attractive in the ocean, but not on a plate whole which is why it's a fillet, I guess lol...wonder why they didn't call it lionfish.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish Question

OK...I researched lionfish and found this:

advancedaquarist.com/blog/lionfish-maybe-its…

not recommended to consume? guess it's a good thing that so far, we haven't had any symptoms!

7. Re: Fish Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach