We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

São Paulo
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

Hi,

which beach is better for spending the single day I have in Aruba (cruise) ? Do I find chairs and bars/restaurants in both of them ? How about the sea, is it calm in both of them ?

Is it worth to spend a few hours in each of them ?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

You will find chair rentals on Palm Beach at Moomba's Beach Bar and also from a vendor near DePalm Pier (between the Riu and Radisson).

On Eagle Beach, you can find chair rentals in front of MVC and also from a vendor between Paradise Beach Villas and Chalet Suisse.

There are more bars, restaurants, etc. to walk to in the Palm Beach area. Both beach areas are calm but Palm Beach is the calmer of the two whereas Eagle can sometimes be calm and sometimes be a little wavy (just depends on the day.)

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

Also Nikky beach is only a mile from the cruise terminal with tranquil waters and powder white sand.

They rent a chair and umbrella for $12 for day. It will also get you:

free wifi

use of their swimming pool

showers

bathrooms

as well as access to their bar and restaurant.

and of course we have a ."

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

So far, I would choose in the following order:

1. Palm Beach. More to do/see.

2. Nikki Beach. Close to the cruise ship terminal. Nice setting.

3. Eagle Beach. The best beach, but not a whole lot of other choices. If you want the best beach and don't care about anything else, Eagle Beach moves up to #1.

JMO.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

For experiencing Aruba in one day i would go with Moomba beach bar on Palm Beach or Depalm Pier in front of Radission on Palm as well.

Pelham
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

If Eagle Beach is occasionally wavy, is there a good place to buy boogie boards for the kids?

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

I would go with the area in front of the Radisson. I think the sand and water in front of Moomba is not nice at all.

New York
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

If I was going to be in Aruba for only a day, I would choose Palm beach.

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

Tony, we're Aruba driving challenged also, having only rented a car once in three trips ! How do you get to Nikki Beach from Eagle; we've driven past the cruise ships, so it should be a breeze :) Thanks

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

I absolutely love Eagle Beqch and stay there on my trips but if I only had one day then I would spend it at Palm Beach for the ease of getting chair service, choice of several shops and restaurants, and tranquil water.

chicago
Level Contributor
165 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eagle beach or Palm beach for one day in Aruba?

All the beaches in Aruba are public beaches, doesn''t matter if a resort is on it or not. A nice treat would be to go to Manchebo and get a massage at Spa Del Sol, then ask to rent their chairs for the day. They used to do this as long as you ordered "beverages", but not sure if they still do. My favorite beach is Arashi on the far north end of island. No food or beverages around, but they do rent beach chairs. Once you get through downtown traffic congestion, it;s only about 7 minutes from the port.

Lastly, these resorts offer day passes:

…aruba.com/info/…

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations