We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

Anyone have any luck shore fishing on Eagle Beach. If so, what is the best bait. I usually use squid or shrimp.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

I seen some fellows fishing in front of Costa Linda a few years back, I chatted for a few minutes, not sure what they initially used for bait, but it was to catch bait fish, then they used that and caught a Barracuda.

New York
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

Personally, I think if you want to catch bait fish the best thing to use would be a net. I was seeing a couple up by Manchebo but they said they weren't having any luck.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

For bait fish I have seen people using a net at Boca Catalina. They were catching loads of fish.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

The bait fish these guys were catching were 6-8 inches long, so they could catch BIGGER fish.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

We just came back two weeks ago. My husband a few others went out near Matthews one morning. My husband said he used a cast master and did hook a fish but lost it about 15 feet from shore, other than that no luck. Hope you have better luck, I think someone said a taxi driver took him for bait but that is all I remember from the story.

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

Do most people fish with squid/shrimp or use artificial lures?

7. Re: Eagle Beach Shore Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach