We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf this week

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
69 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Golf this week

I will be in Aruba Wed 11/13- Monday 11/18 and I would like to play golf. Is anyone up for this or is there a group I could join? Thanks!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
373 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf this week

I didn't play when I was there, but back home I almost always go out as a single and they throw me in a group. Ask around at the bar when you get there and you'll probably find a group that has an opening.

There's only 2 courses there. Divi links is 9 holes and they had a special that was $75 for 9 holes, club, cart, and shoe rental, and a sleeve of balls. With the wind in Aruba and the amount of water on the course, I think I would need a couple of more sleeves of balls :) We were staying at the Tam which is the sister property of the Divi, so I'm not sure if that deal was available to others not staying at the Tam or Divi.

Tierra Del Sol is 18, but is very windy from what I've heard because it is right on the water. Not sure of the cost for that but it is supposed to be very challenging.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf this week

My husband always go when we are in Aruba. He plays at the Divi Links and always gets put with others and has had a great time.

Boston
Level Contributor
69 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf this week

Thank you.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
885 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf this week

Tierra del Sol is a great and challenging course. It has a very nice layout and was designed by one of the major golf architects, but I can't remember whether it's Nicklaus course, or Reese Jones.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf this week

All I know about Divi course (DH is the golfer) is it looks nice, has nine hole and Mulligans for lunch, lol.

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf this week

I would look into the package deal at the Divi Links. We have played there a couple of times, and gone out with the course pro on a "special" instruction round; it was $125 for the 2 of us, but we had to rent our own clubs and buy our own balls.

I have read that the Tierra Del Sol course is very windy --- and expensive. I think I read that it is $130 in low season and $160 in high season. And it takes about 5 hours to play it. I have not tried it, nor do I think I will. We don't go to Aruba to play golf, but occasionally will consider it.

pa
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf this week

The special at Divi Is a two person scramble on Friday's. It is around 2pm. We will be doing this is two weeks.

A cheap way to get in 9 holes. We checked it out last year on the way to the airport and only two people were there. However you still get to play for 75 dollars.

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf this week

The scramble sounds interesting, but I don't think we want to give up beach time at 2 p.m. to play golf.

The course pro, Donald Ross, has a "special" where he plays an instructional round with you. It cost $85 per person, which includes his instruction, cart, club rentals, and green fees.

We did this a couple of times and it worked out well for us as my wife is just learning the game, and I had a few "hitches" in my swing that he helped me with.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf this week

Sounds like a great bargin for 85

10. Re: Golf this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach