We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchebo resort

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Manchebo resort

Can anyone comment on Manchebo resort??? Wondering if I purchase the all invlusive if it is truly all inclusive? Drinks, allacarte (all meals) etc... Any recommendations ? I'd rather be safe than sorry especially if I get a bit sun burnt and need a cool drink(s) to cool down... Lol

Thanks for your help

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
162 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchebo resort

Manchebo is a terrific hotel on a beautiful beach - that said, do not get the all inclusive. There is only two restaurants and one bar. Aruba has so many restaurants - many within walking distance dozens more just a bus ride or cab ride away. You will love the friendliness and warmth of this small resort, but to spend all your meals here would be shortchanging yourself to all the wonderful places you can try in Aruba.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchebo resort

Definitely cannot recommend the AI. Manchebo is a very nice resort on a beautiful beach. Their beach bar is wonderful. There are many restaurant choices in Aruba in all price ranges. Matthews is a short walk next door and has a nice beach side setting. Good food at reasonable prices. If you want a more upscale dining experience, Screaming Eagle is also within walking distance. Right down the street from Screaming Eagle is Zuzuroh. Best Italian food that I have had in Aruba. Barefoot is about a 15 minute car or taxi ride and a must IMO. Bugaloe for casual dining in the Palm Beach area behind the RIU. Set on a pier above the sea with live music 5 nights. Ike's Bistro in Manchebo has had positive reviews. French Steakhouse has had mixed reviews. Upscale (Price) Italian with the best view in Aruba, head for LaTrattoria at the Lighthouse. Bring your camera for sunset dining.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchebo resort

Totally agree that AI is not the way to go there - "shortchanging yourself" as gldnpear said is an excellent way to put it.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchebo resort

Great beach....great location....would also not do AI there

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchebo resort

Could anyone provide some insight on meal prices per person? Dinners ?I was a bit worried about as my trip to st.lucia broke the bank ;(

How about drink prices per person???

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchebo resort

Are you asking about prices at Manchebo or for Aruba in general?

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchebo resort

At the resort in particular I expect between 5-7$us per drink off the resort unless I'm mistaken and of course more for wine.. Just wanted some sort of a budget lol I know we're on vacation

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchebo resort

http://www.matthews-aruba.com/home/index.html

http://www.manchebo.com/ikesbistro/

http://www.bugaloe.com/

www.casatuaaruba.com/casa-tua-arawak-gardens/

http://www.windowsonaruba.com/menu.php

http://mulligansaruba.com/

The above restaurants are among the favorites on the island. There are many, many more. View the menus and wine lists. Drinks are expensive in Aruba. I would say that $7.50 is the price for one of the cheapest Some purchase adult beverages at one of the many supermarkets on the island. 2 for 1 happy hours are another favorite past time. Everyone is different, so hard to tell what a daily budget for food/drink may be. I believe that by mixing moderate and upscale dining choices and 5 drinks pp daily, $225 should cover it. That would exclude lunch or full breakfast. Three full meals daily would up the cost a bit.

Windows On Aruba is the most upscale on the above list.

Edited: 13 December 2013, 15:45
Hamilton
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchebo resort

You hit the duty free at the airport . Bring a soft cooler. Hit the supermarkets for your beer, wine and what ever. You will save $$$.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
789 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchebo resort

Manchebo is a wonderful small resort on the best beach in Aruba and it has the friendliest staff. I do agree that Aruba has great restaurants. I spend my timeshare week at the Costa Linda eating at all our fav restaurants, then extend the trip 3 or 4 nights at the Manchebo and do the all inclusive. After a week of eating at all our favorite places we are ready to turn in the car and just stay in one spot-Manchebo. Breakfast is either alacarte or a small buffet. Lunch is at the Pega Pega bar with a wide selection of bar food and specials and dinner at either the French Steakhouse or Ikes Bistro. French Steakhouse has always been a favorite of ours but unfortunately the food is not the same as it once was. Service is still great though. Ikes is very good. On the all inclusive, drinks are anything you want including top shelf liquors. 11Am-11PM. I have figured out that cost of room and 3 meals a day plus drinks basically equals what the all inclusive price is. Service charge IS included although I tip in addition to that. I think 4 nights or more entitle you to a dine around plan, so you can try other restaurants. For someone who wants to know exactly what they will be spending, it is a good deal.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach