We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dine around program Bucuti offers

NY
Level Contributor
190 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Dine around program Bucuti offers

Has anyone done this? The $38 pp voucher at participating restaurants?

Sounds like a good deal (includes soup or salad or app. as well as entree, dessert, and coffee), and I know we'd most likely use it at elements and ike's (based on the rave reviews of those restaurants).

Please advise.

Are there other "fine print" or not published restrictions that aren't upfront or obvious?

Thanks!

1. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 21:13
Edited: 15 January 2014, 21:13
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

We just used a voucher through a similar offer at the Amsterdam Manor.

The vouchers are only going to be good to you if there are restaurants being offered which appeal to you. The Bucuti's website gives an overview of the program, you can see the details at www.arubadining.com/dine-around-program/.

Other considerations are that the restaurant choices do change fairly frequently and if using a voucher for "face value" it will more than likely not cover much more than the entree. Some of the restaurants featured will offer only a "set" menu to dine around participants and there will be surcharges on some items. Read the "fine print" before committing. ;)

NY
Level Contributor
190 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

Thanks @Arubalisa.

From what I understand the whole point of using the voucher seems that you would get more than "face value" (which is $38 pp) which is why I'd do it. If I ordered a fish entree, dessert, app, etc. it would for sure be more than $38 at the two restaurants I'd be thinking of using them at (Ikes and Elements). I guess it's the "set" menu that I'd be concerned with- if they did that and what it would limit me too.

Thanks!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

You are welcome. Check the link above, I believe they listed the menus you would choose from for each individual restaurant. I don't know when you are traveling, but if possible, I would also hold off until the last minute before deciding in that for years the participating restaurants do change without notice. If you are leaving in the next month that is fine, but if you are looking at it specifically for Elements and Ike's they may no longer participate a couple of months or a year from now.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

I actually just emailed Bucuti about this yesterday. They informed me that the cost is now $40pp, even though it still says $38 on their website. But, my main question was if I could wait until I get there to decide. They said you can wait until you arrive and there is a 3 night minimum requirement (I had asked if I was required to purchase for every night of my 7 night stay).Hope this helps a little. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

We really like the dine around plan, and have been using it for years. We like the idea of most of our meals being pre-paid. It included many of the restaurants we would visit anyway. Any questions, ask away.

Bella

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

Don't forget too that if having "pre-paid" meals is an issue you can just go with straight gift certificates for use at any of the participating restaurants. www.arubadining.com/dine-around-program/ You can order straight off the menu with the gift certificates.

NY
Level Contributor
190 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

Thanks Bella! I haven't heard that there's a minimum to the amount you need to buy- any thoughts on that?

Also, I'd only be using it for two restaurants- Ikes and Elements.. and again, if I'm reading everything correctly, $38 for entree, app, dessert is a decent price down there. Have you used the voucher at either of those restaurants? Thanks!

9. Re: Dine around program Bucuti offers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach