We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

Rochester, New York
9 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

Hi!

My husband and I are looking for a resort that has a great pool, great rooms with balcony & ocean view and night life! We are not sure about all inclusive or not. He wants to do AI but I read reviews that it is not worth it. We are going end of May and looking to spend $5k. We prefer less kids around but it does not have to be AO. I have read so many different reviews at this point I am confusing myself ! Any recommendations would be helpful !!

New England
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

To many fabulous resturants to do an AI.

Hyatt would be my honeymoon choice

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
258 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

I have been to both the Riu and Marriott and will be heading to the Marriott again this year. The Riu was great, but we have gotten deals at the Marriott that were too good to pass up (Marriott's website seems to have the best prices this year).

The Marriott has a special Tradewinds section (adults only) that has a full breakfast, lunch, and heavy appetizer dinner available in the Tradewinds lounge, along with sodas, water, and beer available from the lounge during the day and open bar each evening. It also has a special reserved section of the beach. The Marriott also has an adult pool and the beach and pool bars have daily happy hour specials. For us it was perfect...like an AI but allowed us to do dinners away from the resort without feeling like we were wasting the AI portion and to explore the nightlife in Aruba. The Tradewinds club rooms are on higher floors and have ocean views, too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

Hyatt may have a slight edge on Marriott, but if you can get a better deal at the Marriott, then go for it. I echo a previous comment not to do an AI, there are so many good places to eat outside of the resorts. Dining is one of the highlights of my visits to the island.

Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
757 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

I never recommend doing an A/I in Aruba. So many great restaurants and safe/easy to get around. Out of the three my choice would be the Hyatt, but be aware they only have walk out french balconies.....deep enough to only stand on. Take a look at the Radisson as well. Nicest, largest beach area in the high rise/Palm Beach section and the Rad does have full balconies. Good luck!

Rochester, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

Thank you all for your input! I think we will go with the Marriott because it is a bit cheaper! Can anyone recommend the best local restaurants and excursions??

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

I would go to passions for dinner on the beach it was the best.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

A great place is White Modern. Check out their menu. What a special place.

Great food

Edited: 08 March 2014, 00:47
phila
Level Contributor
521 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

How much more cheaper then the Hyatt?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
258 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

Not sure about the end of May specifically, but Marriott has had some great rates posted on their website.

Rochester, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriott Stellaris, Hyatt or Riu Palace for honeymoon

Thank you all so much for your input!!! we are all booked at the Marriott Stellaris for May 29th!!! I cannot wait.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations