We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prettiest Beaches

Connecticut
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Prettiest Beaches

We are a family of 4 traveling to Aruba this Saturday for our first time. Our girls are 13 & 19. We are staying at the Marriott Stellaris and plan to spend lots of time on Palm and Eagle beaches but we'd also like to see some other beaches to try some snorkeling. Which beaches are considered a must see for their beauty and some snorkeling? So far, I'm thinking one morning at Baby Beach (because I've heard it's a must see?) and also Malmok, Boca Catalina and Herashi beaches on another day (early in the day). Not sure if this is a good plan or not? Or if I may be overlooking another beach that would be worth seeing instead

New England
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prettiest Beaches

If you girls were 4 &5 I'd say Baby a Beach is a must.

Check out ArubaBobs snorkeling site. He'll take you out with snorkeling skooters which might be something you daughters would love. My 21 & 22 yr old daughters love this, been 3x

Edited: 08 May 2014, 13:25
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prettiest Beaches

Not necessarily for swimming or snorkeling you may want to take a couple of hours and explore the beaches on the windward side of the island: Boca Grandi, Bachelors Beach, Boca Prins and Dos Playa.

Florida
Level Contributor
723 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prettiest Beaches

Mangel Halto is a must see beach. I believe it is the spot ArubaBob's crew takes you to during their snorkeling trips.

Arashi beach is very close to where you are staying and offers decent snorkeling right off the shore.

Bring water shoes, as the good snorkeling beaches have lots of rocks upon entry.

The best snorkeling in Aruba is off shore and is easiest to experience by boat. Most of the tours go into the Arashi area (close to lighthouse), but the Spanish Lagoon/Savanetta beaches are my personal favorites. There are boats that take you that way, I believe Tranquilo is one, I am sure other posters can recommend others if interested.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prettiest Beaches

I don't consider Baby Beach to be pretty. I've been going to Aruba since 1991...visited Baby Beach twice while tours and felt no reason to ever go back. Yes the water is shallow and clear but the surrounding scenery is just plain ugly. I guess I can see a draw for people with small children for shallow water.

If you go because it is a "must do" then do it and get it over with just to say been there done that. I don't think you will be impressed with it at all if you are looking for PRETTY.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prettiest Beaches

hmmmm some great advice. I'm thinking I won't think Baby is so beautiful. I've fallen in love with Bermuda and Turks and Caicos, both having the most turquoise blue waters and Bermuda's beaches are so scenic they look right out of a magazine so I'm not sure the Aruba beaches will compare. I am looking so forward to seeing the island and beaches and know I will LOVE it but I'm afraid I've been a bit spoiled by the beauty of Bermuda and Turks? So maybe I will skip Baby, I wasn't too crazy about the oil refinery in the background there.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,845 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prettiest Beaches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RihUJgYHNCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkDQO-SuQ1o

Above links are from You Tube. Many other videos of Aruba beaches there.

Warren, Ohio
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prettiest Beaches

The area of water near the high-rise hotels is not as clear as it was in past years (our first visit was 1990). I think the number of jet skis, motor boats pulling tubes, etc. mix up the water and sand from the bottom. The water in other places around the island is crystal clear and beautiful.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
245 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prettiest Beaches

Best beach for laying around- Eagle by far. Best beach for snorkeling is Arashi. Variety of fish and I remember seeing 2 or 3 Eels in a short period of time.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prettiest Beaches

Ummmm Eric I can do without the eels lol. Well we will enjoy although it's sounding like the water will not compare to other places we've been.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
245 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prettiest Beaches

They were pretty, brightly colored

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations