We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu aruba

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toms River, New...
7 posts
Save Topic
Riu aruba

Best building and floor to stay on

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
129 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu aruba

We stayed in Building B on the 10th floor in May of 2013. We loved the view.

But unfortunately we were not too happy with the resort, feel free to read my review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d151…

I hope the resort took up some of my suggestions.

Please share the progress that they have made when you return.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu aruba

@JustDiveln

Read your review and it makes me wonder......................

Under your Check in part you say

" No one offered to explain were anything is, or show us a map of the resort; it was more like figure it out on your own. The only instruction we got was that your room is in that building over there."

BUT then under your Customer Service part you say

"Usually when you check into a resort, they give you a quick tour to familiarize their guests with the resorts, not here. They give you a map and point you to the building where your room is in."

Something just doesn't ring true, first you say you didn't get a Map then later you say you did.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
129 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu aruba

Fsmdude, what I meant by that was that every resort I checked in so far, the person at the front desk grabs a map and proceeds to explain where everything is: restaurants, which restaurants are open now so you can grab a bite to eat, bars, towels, different buildings, etc. While at this resort you got your key card and map. After traveling for 10+ hrs figuring out a map is not my top priority. Heck I'm on vacation and paid big money to be taken care of.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu aruba

victoria1,

We prefer Building A, main building but in order to get it you must book a junior suiete with and ocean view...partial ocean view, you get Building B. We also prefer the 9th floor for the view and the balcony.

As far as the Riu, we love it there and have always been happy.

I will add that we have never had a tour of any resort in the Caribbean, no matter where we have stayed. We have always been given a map of the property.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu aruba

Both times we stayed at the Riu we had a junior suite with partial ocean view on the 10th floor. We were facing the pool each time and had spectacular views of the ocean. We were in Building B.We also weren't given a tour, but were directed to our room of course. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Riu.

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu aruba

Same here, loved the Riu in Aruba and other vacation spots. Shoot, if they gave ya a tour of the resort that'd take up half your vacation. :-) I don't know which building we were in but it was the main building where you check in. We were on the 6th floor, great room with a beautiful view of the pools, beach and sea.

-jeff

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu aruba

Jeff F,

That is building A. If you look out towards the poll and the sea, building B is on your left.

8. Re: Riu aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach