We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Chairs

Queens NY
Level Contributor
188 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Chairs

I haven't been to a beach resort in a few years and I am looking to relax. My one peeve from my previous trips has been the problem of getting a chair at the beach. I am not looking to "reserve" a chair at 5am anymore,getting too old for that game. We will be relaxing with my 15 yo so the Bucuti is not an option. We are traveling during Presidents week of 2015. Just wondering if there are places that monitor or control this nonsense or offer rentals.

Thanks

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Chairs

Getting chairs is not the problem, but a palapa for shade is. Depending on how you manage your day by coming to the beach later in the Morning sunning and swimming for a while then going somewhere for lunch and then coming back after lunch for some more sun and swimming, you won't have to worry as you can always get chairs. If you have to have a palapa all day my plan doesn't work.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Chairs

Seems like Machebo has plenty of palapa's and it is right next door from Bucuti. Maybe people who stayed their can comment.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Chairs

You need to stay at a smaller hotel like Manchebo and Amsterdam Manor. Both are under 100 rooms and have plenty of palapas and chairs for their guests at most times during the day. We stay at Amsterdam Manor twice a year - never had any issues with chair games and don't have to get up early for a palapa.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Chairs

Hey Queens :) As Amy suggested, stick to smaller resorts and you won't have a problem getting shade for free everyday. Although the 15 year old might be bored and appreciate the hi rise area ??? I'm not even sure if it is possible to be bored during President's week as it is a very busy time for Aruba. But if that's the case, the Radisson has a reservation system for shade.

If you don't go small/low rise, definitely choose a place with a reservation option because during that time of year, people are already lining up at 3AM fir shade.

Edited: 15 June 2014, 14:59
Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Chairs

One is NEVER too old to participate in "palapa bingo"!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Chairs

I would highly, HIGHLY recommend the Radisson for you. The reservation system is genius, the grounds and hotel are gorgeous and there is a lot to do. My husband and I loved Amsterdam Manor. We showed it to our kids on a subsequent visit and while they thought it was charming, both thought it would be a bit "sedate" for them. We travel to Aruba during the summer and I have to tell you that when my kids were teenagers, they loved the Tamarijn by a factor too high to calculate. LOTS of other kids there and a beautiful beach. Even if you miss out on a palapa there, you can always find shade.

Have a great trip!

Queens NY
Level Contributor
188 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Chairs

Thanks to all for the info. I think the Radisson is the place to go to avoid the "chair hassle"

Florida
Level Contributor
723 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Chairs

I would suggest any of the resort or timeshare properties on Eagle Beach. The Radisson may have a system in place, but that is still a system. Eagle Beach resorts have no need for a system because there is plenty of space, chairs and cover to go around, at least in the summer months when we go.

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
804 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Chairs

We are booked at the Radisson the first week of February. We already booked and paid for our palapa. I would rather pay a little more upfront and consider it part of my room rate.

Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Chairs

So at the time of booking your can reserve your palapa at the Radisson???

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach