We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Our party of five arrived on Monday, June 9th. We had arranged for an airport transfer from Marco through Wix Tours. He was waiting at the airport with a welcome sign. He loaded our luggage and we were off the LaCabana. I had asked him about stopping at the SuperFoods. He showed us the path to walk there and said it would be cheaper for us to walk than have him wait for us to shop. We bought snacks and breakfast food.

The first night we ate at Iguana Joes. All of us enjoyed our food and drinks. Nothing real special but a cool atmospher.

Tuesday was spent at the pool and beach. 2 for one drinks at the Oasis Bar. Took a taxi ride to Zeerovers for dinner. Long $30 taxi ride. It was interesting. Not sure I would go again but glad I went once.

Wednesday we booked a tour through Marco at Wix Tours. It was awesome. Only the 5 of us with our own private guide. Marco is so full of information about the island and answered all of our questions. He was more reasonable than the large impersonal bus tours. So glad we booked with him.

Wednesday afternoon we did a wine tasting at LaCabana. If you are staying there it is so much fun and Catherine does a great job. Met some really nice people and had a blast.

Thursday was another day at the pool/beach. Thursday night we went shopping at the high rise area and ate at Driftwood. That was our favorite meal of the whole trip. Be sure and ask for the 3 course special. It is a great deal. Wonderful food and service. The white sangria is very good.

Friday Marco was there to take us back to the airport. I would definitely recommend him for transfers or tours. He was prompt, professional, always on time and very knowledgeable about Aruba.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Sounds like you had a good time! Thank you for sharing!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for posting that. After all the years if Bobcat suggesting Driftwood, it's on our list for this coming year!

North Providence...
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

I second your opinion of Macro and Wix Tours. We've used him twice in the past and he was great.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for posting. So glad you had a good time!

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
388 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Enjoyed reading your report and glad that you had a great time.

Warren, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
150 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Enjoyed reading your trip report, Thanks!

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

Glad you enjoyed LaCabana. Thanks for the trip Report.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

Sounded like a blast! Great report!

Roselle, New Jersey
Level Contributor
221 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

Us too, thanks, was thinking about going to Driftwood this year, but went to Aqua Grill. Big mistake.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 13:22
spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report

Sounds like a wonderful time - so glad you enjoyed and thanks for great report !