We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in January

Mpls,MN
Level Contributor
124 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in January

We normally go to Aruba in December so I am shocked at the prices in January. Does anyone have suggestions on where we can stay that is on or near the beach but isn't over $200 a night? I tried bidding on priceline and that was having no results either. Will the prices get better if we wait until later? I am seeing a few places already booked for our dates though.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in January

It all depends on what you are really looking for - i.e. a studio, one bedroom unit, two bedroom, etc. and when exactly you will be going.

Prices do go up as you get further into the Peak Season until about the middle of March or so depending on what is going on and they probably will not get better if you wait - unless someone has a last minute deal.

Check out Redweek rentals - one of the better rental resources.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in January

In addition to Redweek, I would also check the Aruba Forum and the websites of the individual timeshares. There are some Facebook pages for the resorts now showing sales and rentals. I would say for high season, that price range may be a challenge so you'll probably do better as time gets closer and at the smaller resorts not right on the sand. There are some very nice places that are not on the beach that you might find open. Lastly, Endless Vacations might be a good website for you to look at too.

Good luck-

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,408 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in January

High season runs from mid-Dec. (around the 18th) until Easter (whenever that is since the date changes from year to year.) You will definitely see much higher prices during this time.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in January

IF you travel in December before Christmas you are used to low season pricing. January, as others have stated, is definitely high season pricing. If there are "specials" for January they are most likely already available. I would not anticipate any "bargains' if you are already seeing some resorts sold out for your dates. Think "supply and demand". ;)

5. Re: Hotel in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations