We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham NC
Level Contributor
156 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

OK..any help? Would love to check out ...sept2-11????

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

If you are not staying at the Renaissance Marina Hotel or the Ren Ocean Suites the cost to go to the private island is $99.00 a person which includes lunch and a float. This is only available if the 2 hotels are not sold out. I have stayed at both properties before checking into my timeshare. Once I had a massage on the private island when I didn't stay at either Renn property. It cost me over $300.00. Really it's not worth it to pay $99 a person for the day.

K C
Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
78 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

It's not that big of a deal - the water is as beautiful as it is everywhere on the island. The areas where you sit are man made coves.... The boat ride might be the best if you time it when a huge airliner is landing - because it goes right over your head. Hit Palm/Eagle beach - just fabulous!

New England
Level Contributor
945 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

DK Campbell... LOL maybe to you😄

Own there and the private island is heaven. No lines or waiting for palapas or loungers

Great bar

Fabulous staff waiting on you

Newly renovated restaurant with great pizza oven

Many hammocks to relax in

Red Sail shop to buy "stuff" in

Family side and adult side

Imop it's definitely worth it and definitely a big deal😄

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

Not worth the price if you're not staying there when there are other great beaches available. Been there once and although nice, not worth the cost.

Another option would be DePalm Island which is at least all-inclusive and a better bang for your buck.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

... or an alternative day pass and better "bang for the buck" in my opinion, would be the day pass at the Occidental. From TA's sister website www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1100

Occidental Grand Aruba

What You Get for Your Money: Passes, which are $76 for adults and about $38 for children, offer access to all amenities, meals, snack and drinks, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The price does not, however, include use of a room.

How to Get There: Occidental Grand Aruba is a 15-minute taxi ride from port.

For More Info: Visit Occidental's Web site or call 800-858-2258.

massachusettes
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

I loved the private island at the ren and hated the overcrowded DePalm island- couldn't wait to get off of it but couldn't as they only leave 2x a day so once you r there you are stuck there. At the private island the lunch was so yummy,you got a free drink and there was way less people. Also I think the boat leaves every 10 minutes so when you want to leave you can. At DePalm the drinks were yucky( other than beer) the food was yukky and I observed the lounge guys checking out people's personal property when they left their stuff while swimming.you can snorkle at both places and my husband loved the snorkeling at RENs private island. If you want peaceful RENs private island was very nice!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

When we were at DePalm Island last Nov. we had the place almost to ourselves. No cruise ships were in that day (this is key) and it was a quiet, relaxing day. We snorkeled and did the SNUBA (snorkeling was included but we had to pay extra for SNUBA). Had a leisurely breakfast in the morning, read on the beach area while having a few beers, lunch at the buffet restaurant was decent (we skipped the snack bar).....and we left when we were ready (took about 10-15 minutes waiting for the boat.)

New England
Level Contributor
945 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

Everyone is entitled to their opinions here

Frankly the less people the better on Renn island anyway. Stay away all of you😄

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

A day at Renaissance Island is so relaxing. I love the calm water and the quiet atmosphere. We've gone several times when we added a couple days onto our vacation staying at the Ren before or after our timeshare stay, so we we didn't have to pay the $99 - used Marriott points to stay at the hotel. It think it's 30,000 Marriott points per night, or if you're a Marriott Rewards member it's $152 a night for a room -- but that wouldn't include your drinks and lunch on the island.

Is it worth $99 per person. I think it is - at least once. I think the same way about having dinner at an expensive restaurant. If the food is great and it's a unique experience (like Carte Blanche or 2 Fools and a Bull), I think it's worth it.

10. Re: not staying at..are DAY PASS available to private island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16