We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Ocean Club

Northeast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Ocean Club

Thanks to everyones insight from this board my family (50ish inlaws, my husband, myself, 8, 4, 2 year old) was sold on the Ocean Club.My inlaws traded their timeshare points from Hyatt so the best part is we are staying for free:) The only glitch is we had to take 2 studios. How small are these rooms in comparison to an average hotel room?(Not that we plan on spending much time there) Can anyone describe how they are set up? From what I understand we will have a small fridge and microwave in the room.Is this true? Does the Ocean Club have cribs or are they more like pack n plays? We may send the two older children to sleep in grandma's room on the sofa bed and just keep the baby in a crib with my husband and I. Can anyone recommend the best floor or area to stay in or away from? Do they wait to assign rooms until we arrive or can we request ahead of time? We are hoping to atleast be on the same floor as inlaws. Anything else we should know? As always your insight is invaluable!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

I stayed in the Studio at the Surf Club and I think they are the same. It is a typical hotel room. Nice sized bathroom, counter area with fridge underneath, small bar sink above, and microwave above that. Nice sized bed with the sleeper sofa against the same wall as the bed, closer to the window. Small desk with two chairs.

Basically a typical hotel room, same size, etc. The studios will not be available with connecting rooms but you should be able to get two studios on the same floor, near to each other.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

vacationclub.com/resorts/ab/floorplan_2br_2b…

click on that link - which will take you to a floor plan of the 2 bedroom villa at the OC. The quest room portion is what you will be staying in :-).

Northeast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

Thanks for all the info so far. Anyone else???

New York, NY
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

When I was last at the OC back in 2005, the cribs they used were the type that had metal bars on it with a mattress that you can wheel around. It was quite large and much bigger than a Pack n Play. I'm not sure if they've switched to Pack n Plays but you may want to call to find out if you need to.

The size of the studio is about the same size as a hotel room. One bed and a sleeper sofa. Small fridge and microwave are included. It will be tight if you, the 8, 4 and 2 year old all stay in the room especially with a crib and the sofa bed being pulled out. You're better off sending the 8 and 4 year old to the other room.

You won't be able to request any kind of floor or room until you arrive. You should be able to request the same floor as the other room upon check in.

Other thing sthat you should know is that other than the 1st floor, there is a community washer/dryer room on each floor that is free to use. Rent a car and stock up on some food/snacks/drinks at one of the grocery stores. My favorite was Ling and Sons.

Northeast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

Thanks for the info abou the crib. I was hoping it was like an actual crib. We have stayed a few places where they use pack n plays which are too small. I will double check. I definitely think the bigger kids will stay with grandma:) We will stock up when we get there on snacks and drinks. I have read Ling and Son even has an online service and they will deliver. Has anyone used the service yet? Also can anyone tell me what restaurants are within walking distance of the Ocean Club besides the Marriott restaurants? We are up in the air about renting a car. There will 7 of us. Do they rent minivans?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

I have just read on arubasurfclubowners.com that they now only have pack-n-plays instead of regular cribs (they refer to them as porto cribs). The first time we stayed there 2 years ago, our daughter was 22 mos old and was fine on the sleeper sofa. It was low enough to the ground that we didn't worry too much about her falling out - and it was big enough that she stayed in the center, anyway.

You can totally rent a minivan! We already have ours lined up, but I forget with whom, as my father rented it.... Do a search for 'aruba car rental' to get an idea of what companies there are. I think the best deals are with 2 of the local rental companies (vs. american chain).

I don't think there are restaurants w/in walking distance. There is a great family place at the windmill (you'll see it) called 'Eleanora's Crazy Chicken' - there is outdoor seating and a swing for the 2 yr old. They had family-sized seafood paella that was really great.

Northeast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

Once again thank you for the info. I have not contacted the Ocean club about the crib yet. So far we have not had good experiences with M sleeping in a big bed. Something about the frredom to get up and move around. She is not a great sleeper in general and she will actually only be about 23 mos when we are there. Maybe she will be so exhausted from playing all day she will crash at night:) I will definitely look into the minivan. I don't know how many dinners to far away from the hotel we will do with three small children but with 2 sets of adults we can always switch off. Thank goodness for grandparents! Any other family oriented restaurants or places that will deliver? Also we would like to snorkel. Are there tours where we could bring the children or should we plan on adults only? TIA

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

If the Ocean Club does the same thing the Surf Club does, about a week before your arrival, you'll receive an email requesting your arrival time -- at that time they ask if you have any special requests, so that might help you.

There's also a coffee pot with filters, paper towels, and diswashing liquid in the efficiency.

IL
Level Contributor
111 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

Do they supply complimentary coffee for your room or do you need to purchase these items at Grocery store?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about Ocean Club

You have to buy coffee. There's a marketplace in the lobby where you can buy some stuff (not everything you'll need, but basics), but it's more expensive than a supermarket.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach