We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Deals for January Hotels

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best Deals for January Hotels

I already have a thread started, but thought it might be good to start a new one, since this is a new question. My husband and I are planning to go to Bermuda in January (without kids, we'll be going on a quick babymoon before our second arrives) and are wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the best deals on hotels? Right now we are mostly considering the Fairmont Southampton and The Reefs (we have also looked at the Loren, since my husband likes the modern decor, but I am thinking it is too far away, especially since we will be there in off season and therefore likely won't be tanning on the beach very much!). All hotels seem to have pretty good prices in comparison to high season right now - $265/night for a deluxe Seaview room at the FSH and $325 for a Cliffside room at The Reefs, both including breakfast. Should I snatch these prices up now, or do you think that better deals will be offered between now and January? Any tips on getting the best rates during off season (or if these are likely to be the best I'll find) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edited: 17 October 2017, 18:55
Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
4,367 Reviews
Bermuda
The Loren at Pink Beach
The Loren at Pink Beach
141 Reviews
Bermuda
Royal Palms Hotel
Royal Palms Hotel
#1 of 3 hotels in Hamilton
Rosedon Hotel
Rosedon Hotel
#2 of 3 hotels in Hamilton
Pompano Beach Club
Pompano Beach Club
#1 of 3 hotels in Southampton Parish
31 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
29,698 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

Bermuda resorts and hotels are feeling fat 'n happy (for the time being) after their soaring America's Cup occupancy rates (it's amazin' what can be accomplished by thowin' tens-of-millions of dollars at a problem)....so I wouldn't be too sure that the usual off-season sales and promotions will be especially generous this year.

Your best bet will be to check on whatever 'Sales' or 'Promotions' are being offered through the BERMUDA TOURISM AUTHORITY-- http://www.gotobermuda.com/

Most third-party travel sites simply reflect any sales, promotions or discounts offered.

You should also check the Fairmont web site for any stand-alone sales, specials or promotions they may be offering independently. The Reefs will probably fall in line with BTA offers.

The airlines serving Bermuda--Jet Blue, American, Delta, Air Canada--MAY offer air/hotel 'packages'.

More times than not, it's usually best to deal DIRECTLY with Bermuda resorts/hotels.

Edited: 17 October 2017, 20:18
Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Berlin...
Level Contributor
154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

the latest round of the 50% off sale ended recently. Sorry fairmont.com/southampton-bermuda/…

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

KDKSAIL - good to know. So maybe we should just go with these rates (which already seen much better than high season rates, if I am not mistaken). These rates were taken directly from the hotels sites, as you suggested.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

Doug K - oh no! Too bad we just missed it! Oh well though, at least I know that another 50% off sale is likely not to happen again anytime soon. So maybe it makes sense to book now, rather than waiting? Do prices tend to go up if you wait?

USA
Level Contributor
29,698 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

Winter/Off Season rates (traditionally November-thru-March) have always been better than Summer/High Season (May-thru-September) rates. When you consider that Bermuda's biggest '..attraction..' is her magnificent beaches and her 'seasonal' weather, it isn't surprising.

Bermuda Tourism was (don't ya' just hate, '..Ya' shoulda' been here yesterday..' information) offering a 30% Off '..SPLASH..' promotion at participating hotels but that ened Sept. 11th. You could delay your booking a bit (???) and hope that they will come up with another Winter/Off Season promotion before too long.

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Central...
Level Contributor
154 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

I would book now in order the hold the room you prefer; keep checking back. If the rates drop, cancel the original reservation and rebook at the lower rate.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

Havlarj - that’s a good idea. We have to pay a deposit of several hundred dollars and the site says that we lose our deposit if we cancel after Dec 29 2017. Do you think it’s fair to assume that we would get a full refund if we canceled before that? I will probably email the hotel to confirm ....

baltimore
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

you can always wait till last minute- plenty of space in January

Central...
Level Contributor
154 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

I would ask the hotel directly about their cancellation policy. Usually a room is simply guaranteed against a credit card with no charge unless you cancel at the last minute (for large hotels). Perhaps the hotels you are looking at have difference policies due the holiday period. Are you dealing with the hotel site or a third party. I typically check / research all sites then book with the property directly.

USA
Level Contributor
29,698 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Deals for January Hotels

It's also worth noting that the terms of a hotel's usual cancellation policy may be modified by a particular 'Sale', 'Special' or 'Promotional' rate being offerred. So it's usually a good idea to check DIRECTLY with the hotel for any '..exceptions..' to their published policy.

Reply to: Best Deals for January Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted