We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit?

new jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit?

Hey there!

I'm thinking about planning a trip to Bermuda over the next few months. I've looked at weather websites for average temps and such but am wondering what fellow travelers think of as the best time to visit.

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit?

I personally think that anytime is a great time to go to Bermuda. Having said that, we usually go during the months of June, July and August which is pretty hot.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit?

i think you shold definitely start by deciding what weather you can or can't handle. right now it's 85f and 75% humidity which i love but is torture for others. it'll be hotter and stickier in august. also keep in mind that in the winter many tourist attractions are on a limited schedule or shut down completely. hope this helps you out

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit?

We have been going in April, usually the last two weeks or into the first week of May. We have enough heat and humidity in Toronto in the summer so don't need to go to Bermuda for that. The end of April is perfect for us but if you like to swim in bath temperature water it may be too cool for you. Temperatures in the low to mid 70s are perfect for walking and sightseeing. The added benefit is plenty of room in restaurants and on the buses and ferries. The cruise ships are just starting to come in then but easy to avoid the hordes of passengers if you time it right.

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of year to visit?

We went in May this year (first 1/2 of May) and it was just right.

We went in August in the past and it was just too hot for us.

Garden weeks are in late April, early May when the island

explodes with flowers. That's another bonus.

I have heard the autumn is lovely too. (before November)

Bernardsville, New...
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of year to visit?

I'd take a trip to Bermuda any time but my personal favorite time of year is mid to late May. The weather is beautiful, the water is beautiful (mid 70s) and clear, and there are much fewer cruise ships so the beaches are less populated. An added bonus is having that summer glow before anyone else in NJ. Alas, now that my children have discovered the allure of Bermuda we go in the summer months. The owner of one of the houses we rented told us that if we liked May, we would love October - same weather, warmer water, fewer tourists.

6. Re: Best time of year to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 18:16