We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconuts@The Reefs

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coconuts@The Reefs

A recent visitor to Coconuts, the beach restaurant at The Reefs in Southampton posted a report of their dining experience. I've copied an excerpt of their visit:

>"We also went to The Reefs and had dinner at Coconuts. We hated Coconuts. The food was pitiful. The table offered a beautiful view of the waves spilling up on to the beach, but everything else was terrible."<

They also mention an ant problem - insects are always a problem when you invade their space; we did see some ants at Coconuts as well as a couple of other restaurants where we dined out of doors on our recent trip.

My wife and I were just with friends discussing our recent vacation and she made the statement "we never had a bad meal at The Reefs" this was our 7th visit and I totally agrees with her. I would be interested in what the person complaining about the food deemed 'inedible'.

Service was also very professional and unobtrusive.

Anyone else care to comment on their Coconuts experience?

Poppa

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

Ants are everywhere...it's a fact of life on the islands. They are especially present duning hot, humid weather and always after rain storms. I look at it as a minor annoyance. I have never noticeed them in the rooms or bathrooms.

Coconuts---I have been a repeater there for many years and have NEVER had a bad/terrible mear or bad/terrible experience at any of the Reefs dining rooms including Coconuts. Maybe the poster just did not care for whatever it was that they ordered. I have never come across a complaint in all the years that I have been there and in fact because of the service, food and atmospher we will be returning in September for I think what will be our 16th time.

Correction: the only complaint that I know of is the one about children and lack of proper supervision as well as hotel children policies being enforced .

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

Sorry for all the misspellings--typing w/out seeing with my glasses!

Hey Poppa--Good morning

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

Karan - hello - I've finalized my 'review' of my visit to The Reefs - will be posting it soon, along with some photos.

Thanks for your reply re: Coconuts - I couldn't believe the report.

Poppa

USA
Level Contributor
27,542 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

We've been frequent diners at the various dining spaces at The Reefs over the years and count ourselves as being amongst those who've never had a '..bad meal..' there as well. But having said this....there have been a occasions over the years when their usual high standards of food and /or the service have been noticeably lax These occasions have been notable, primarily for the fact that the '..standards..' here are normally and consistently higher than many other dining establishments on Bermuda---the exceptions to the rule. But it does occasionally happen. Sometimes restaurants have '..off nights..'.

I recall one evening at Coconuts when the service we experienced was similar to that described in the original comments. We had an 8:30 reservation that didn't produce a table until 9:00. But once seated, service was lackadaisical at best and shoddy at worst, which effected the meal in that plates were delivered to the table on a '..catch-as-catch-can..' basis and often just barely warm....with neither explanation nor apology for the service. In our case, the check arrived before our coffee and dessert. As we were leaving, I mentioned the shoddy service to the maitre d'....whose only acknowledgement or response was a shoulder shrug. No explanation...no apology...nothing.

We stopped at the bar up in the Clubhouse for a nightcap and found out from the bartender that several of the regular kitchen and waitstaff had called in sick...even after calling in staff who were regularly off that evening and dragooning other hotel staff to fill-in, all of the dining rooms had still been short-staffed that evening. Had this been our first experience of dining at The Reefs...it most certainly would have been our last. Sometimes even the best establishments have off nights...and this was obviously one of those for The Reefs. It happens....even at The Reefs.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

KDK- what you have said is very true. Things do happen and if it were your first time at The Reefs/Coconuts, surely it would leave a bad first impression. We regulars realize that this is not the norm for the Reefs. Over the years, there have been little instances and changes some for the better and some not. That being said, The Reefs is still one of the best properties on Bermuda.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

I was hesitant to post this as I know how everyone seems to like Coconuts, but I feel I have to weigh in. My husband and I were in Bermuda this past June and went to Coconuts for our "special dinner" since it seemed to be the one restaurant everyone raved about.

First let me say that the restaurant is very attractive and the view is to die for. However, our meals and the service were not what we expected. To start off, my spinach salad had no taste to it at all and was basically just a plate of greens. My pork chop was more than 50% fat and grizzle (and was not listed as a pork chop on the menu, just as pork so I was expecting port tenderloin). They brought my husband the wrong dinner and, as I did not want to eat without him, Iwaited until they brought him the correct dinner, By this time my dinner was no longer hot. Nothing that accompanied the meal (vegetables/potatoes) had any distinct flavor or preparation. Neither of our dinners were anything memorable. When they brought us our coffee, they neglected to give us spoons, and never came back to offer us a refill. They also never came back during the whole meal to ask if everything was alright, or if we needed anything. Maybe it was an off night, but I don't think we would risk trying it again. Wish we would have had one of the great meals everyone talks about.

Eastchester, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

My husband and I just returned from our 2nd trip to Bermuda in as many years, having eaten at Coconuts again because the first experience was such a pleasure.....

Let's face it, the main reason people eat here is the view, which, as anticipated, was just as magical and exciting the second time around...the menu choices hadn't varied at all fom our last visit, but were exactly what one would want/expect in such a setting/occasion...I believe we each picked four items from the four course menu..salad, app, entree, dessert...thank goodness the portions were relatively small..four courses are a lot to enjoy, but enjoy them we did...while the food was by no means extraordinary or even excellent, it was very, very good (stick with the seafood, the bread pudding for dessert..wow), and as usual, in true "Bermuda fashion" you don't really "get what you pay for", but repeaters on this island know this and obviously return because they love it all the same and feel the benefits outweigh the costs, and yes, here you pay for the view (worth it in my book)...

I am also surprised by these negative

reviews...inedible????....never...also, our service was friendly and unobtrusive with the only exception being at the very end of the meal as we were walking up the hill to leave...the maitre d' literally chased us, insisting we hadn't signed our check, or had at least taken the restaurant's signed copy, when I know for certain that I did sign..a thorough search of my person later revealed that we had not, in fact, left with any copy of this check at all (as I keep all these receipts)..not even our own

...but oh well..their error..no biggie..

Would we eat here again?? Probably not, but only because we would want to experience other restaurants on the island, or even at the Reefs...but, I do feel it is a must for a very romantic dinner on at least one of your Bermuda vacations...

Maryland
Level Contributor
118 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

I know there's more than a fair amount of love for The Reefs here but I had to be honest. This was the experience that we had.

I should put a disclaimer out that I'm not a food snob by any stretch. I would have been happy to sit at the table (minus the ants) and eat really good pizza. Yes, we dined at Newport, Tom Moore's and Fourways along with Barracuda Grill. Still, we also at ate Hog Penny, Wickets and even the last stop before getting on the plane at the airport. ( I can't recall the name of the place but it's actually in the airport)

Coconuts:

We arrived and were in awe of the table we were given right along the railing. My husband was shocked at what an amazing table we were able to score along with the fact that it was 7:00 pm and we would see the sunset.

Errolyn was our waiter and I'm sorry, but he was a little more than chauvanistic. I couldn't get anything from him. I'd have an empty glass and my husband wouldn't even be half way through glass and this waiter would ask him if he'd like another and then walk away from the table.

I was still hopeful despite the fact that they started by bringing stale, damp tortilla chips with ramkins of salsa, sour cream and guacomole to the table. Though, the turquoise glass dishes were pretty.

We both ordered the same appetizer: a softshell crab/crab cake appetizer. The supposed soft crab was burnt - so dry it crumbled when you touched it and amazingly, had not a fleck of crab inside! I don't know how they pulled that one off. Seriously, just a shell without a fleck of crab, pitch black. Underneath was supposed to be a crab cake. It was a greasy ball of cod and filler. Again, not a flake of crab anywhere. This was the appetizer that Errolyn said was most popular. (He seemed a little put off that I asked him to make a recommendation) He was just interested in taking the order and leaving the table. No dialogue whatsoever.

Upon returning to see plates that were barely touched, he asked if we were finished and then took the plates away. No, "how was it?"

My husband had Bermuda Fish Chowder and it was the island's standard recipe which he said was fine, but not thermally hot.

I asked Errolyn whether to have the chilled watermelon soup or the mozzarella/tomato. Again, he seemed a little irritated and said to go with the mozzarella/tomato, which I did.

Folks, I have never met a lettuce leaf that I didn't love and I can enjoy just about any kind of salad brought to me. This was ridiculous. My husband laughed and said, "You want to split this cold soup? It's not watermelon, but it's cold". Where I come from, mozzarella/tomato is one of the easiest appetizers to offer. What I got was two (YES TWO) little tiny melon balls of mozzarella and ONE cherry tomato that was sliced in half in a bowl with a version of green leaf that I've never encountered. No balsamic, no dressing at all. The leaf was inedible. It was similar to "tomatoes on the vine" at the grocery store without the tomatoes. Almost like a bowl of stiff garnish. It had a hard velvety core and then prickly leaves - I've never seen this served anywhere and I'm 38 and my husband is 47. My husband said, "That looks weak, anemic, why don't we send that back and ask for something else?" I replied, "because we're at The Reefs and I guess we should be grateful we're here?" I knew the waiter would be annoyed. I choose my battles. Trust me, the waiter was more interested in getting those plates off the table and quickly moving on. He was hurried.

Dinner arrives: Husband ordered their signature dish, herb encrusted rockfish. It was the most palatable of the entrees so far. Still, it was cold - it sat too long and just lost its warmth or heat.

Sadly, I ordered the swordfish with pineapple, mango salsa This was the Applebees entree. This had to be the cheapest cut of swordfish on the island - maybe it was imported from Kansas. It was dry as I guess they thought if they cooked it to death the customer wouldn't recognize the poor quality. Sitting beside it I had some hard red potatoes that needed to go in an oven instead of a microwave. This place is in a hurry, unless you're in need of something to drink while you're eating dinner. They put the plates down and disappeared - No one ever came back to see if we even liked the dishes. I ended up forking some of my husband's spinach mashed potatoes from underneath his cold fish and picked at the swordfish leather fillet. It was actually a fillet of swordfish, not a steak. So tough that my TMJ started to act up.

While all of this is going on, we're battling ants. By the time dinner arrived, three had crossed the table. The colony behind my chair had remained stable and hadn't moved, but a few stragglers found their way to my husband's leg - I saw it. He quickly got it in the napkin as not to make me any more paranoid. I kept trying to get drinks from the waiter, in an attempt to get a little intoxicated so I wouldn't be on lookout for ants during the entire duration of our dinner.

The water boy came and poured my bottle of still water into my husband's glass of sparkling and my husband's bottle of sparkling into my glass of still. (At this point, we didn't even care anymore)

Errolyn arrives back from where ever he was and asks if we want dessert. We both order bread pudding - mine bread and butter pudding, my husband's toffee bread pudding. We decided those dishes are good whether hot, warm, cool or cold. The desserts weren't bad. Not great, but we inhaled them as we were hungry. We got one cup of coffee and no asked if we wanted a refill "ever" We're polite diners and not prone to complaining so I can't imagine it was personal.

We left and scaled the hill. That's another story. I used the restroom in the clubhouse and again, my friends were climbing up the walls of the stall.

I went to this place with open mind, open heart, eager to enjoy a place that was so highly recommended.

We toured the property the day before. I was impressed with the decor in Grill 56. They have beautiful fabrics and colors. The furniture inside the clubhouse looks fresh and well appointed. I like boutique hotels (Santa Monica's Hotel Casa Del Mar is my favorite) and the interior of the club house reminded me of a boutique hotel. I didn't go to Coconuts looking for trouble. I went there trying to surprise my husband for our anniversary trip with a "Look what I found experience".

He joked about it through the whole trip. M'am would you like dessert? We have chocolate covered ants.

If the food had been good, I'd have forgiven the ant problem. The service was curt and brief and coupled with the food, those two things alone was cause enough for us to never return.

Honestly, in the cab my husband and I said, that place would be great if they had a chef, exterminator and elevator. I have strong legs (ballet for years) but that climb in small heels is exhausting. It occurred to me that I want to bring my parents and grandparents for a family trip. They'd never be able to handle the incline on that hill. Also, my husband said it looked like the exterior needed to be power washed - all the concrete and pavement looked worn and dirty. It's sad because the day we toured the property Wyman couldn't have been any nicer and there are certain parts of The Reefs that are rather nice. There's not much landscaping - the pool area looked sort of adobe and a bit like pictures of Mexico. Not crisp or clean.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but we went to The Reefs excited and eager and left irritated and annoyed.

It bears mentioning that we had dinner the night before at Barracuda for $184 and the food was flawless. Coconuts with bad service and horrible food was $260

Sorry. I won't be back.

Eastchester, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

Siamese.....you are certainly, certainly entitled to that opinion, no need for apologies...especially since, I think we all can see the very real possibility of all that happening, particularly if it was an "off-night"....yes, even at the Reefs..while my experience there was not at all bad, I would stil agree, as mentioned, that Coconuts is more a one-time experience, if only for the glorious view alone...

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Coconuts@The Reefs

Siamese - did you mention or express your dissatisfaction to management? There is always a resident manager on duty.

Or if you did not at the time, your option of mailing or e-mailing a complaint is certainly a possibility.

Let them know you were not happy with the food and service, perhaps this will help future diners from having the same negative experience as yours.

Also, no need to apologize.

Poppa