We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis on Bermuda?

NJ
4 posts
Save Topic
Taxis on Bermuda?

Would like to get an idea of how much time & money for taxis on Bermuda. For example, Elbow Beach to Hamilton or Elbow Beach to St. George?

New York
Level Contributor
454 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

we just got back from elbow beach. from elbow beach to hamilton it is around 12-15 one way plus tip

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

Bisko - be patient - from the airport to Southampton (Horseshoe Bay) taxi fare about $40.00 one way.

Seeing you are in a hurry for information - use GOOGLE or another reliable search engine.

Remember people replying on this Forum are volunteers and answer when they can.

Poppa

NJ
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

Noelle,

Thank you very much for the info!

Poppa,

Why the scolding?

All other questions had responses, I just thought that restating the question might help people understand what I was looking for.

Best regards

USA
Level Contributor
27,129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

Not sure why you would interpret GOOD ADVICE as "..scolding.." ??....but if you were in THAT much of a rush, a simple GOOGLE search, using '..Taxi Fares, Bermuda..' would have generated this general informational site--

http://www.bermuda-online.org/getround.htm

and using the '..SEARCH IN:..' feature of this TA forum (located below the GREEN line on the main '..BERMUDA FORUM..' Topics page), using '..taxi fares..' as your search criteria, would have generated a LOT more specific information in the shortest span of time.....for someone pressed for time.

The fact is that taxi fares are at best approximations...dependent on route, traffic, time of day.....and your original request for taxi fare information was a bit vague.

From the Elbow Beach Hotel to--downtown Hamilton will run-$12-15...to the airport--$25-30...to Saint George's--$40-45...to Horseshoe Bay--$15-18...to Dockyard--$40-45....shorter distances seem more costly becuase of the initial '..drop..' ($5+) on the meter.

If you want to try to get some working idea of what the approx. taxi fare will be between two points on Bermuda, you can use the '..Average Running Times..' for public bus routes at $1 per minute, as rough guide. More times than not, the taxi fares will be a bit less than these times. The '..system..' ain't perfect...but it's probably as good as it gets.

NJ
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

KDKSAIL,

Thank you for your advice, you have provided concrete and helpful information, not a course on the workings of the forum - and googling!

However, 'm not sure why my simply restating a question has been interpreted by some as I am in a huge hurry

Actually, I was hoping to get the perceptions and information from people who have actually traveled in Bermuda and not just the canned web sites that don't always provide accurate or useful information, I thought that's what this forum was all about. In fact, the sites I saw (when I googled) prior to asking this the question on the forum did not provide any information about the time for the trips.

Clearly, the info requested was only expected to be "ballpark", I'm not looking for anything exact. I'm just trying to get an idea of the APPROXIMATE time and cost of getting around to help me in deciding where to stay.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

Bermuda is 22 miles long - getting from one place to another is not that time consuming.

I've been to the island 7 times and have determined that you can approximately gauge taxi fares as being a dollar a minute.

As stated this is an approximation - some days more, some less.

As for your attitude regarding mine and KDK's replies, posting the same question twice within a couple of hours would indicate that there was some urgency in your inquiry.

If you were offended, it was not anything malicious, completely unintentional - I reacted to your posts as they did seem you needed information quickly.

C'est la vie!

NJ
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

Thank you

USA
Level Contributor
27,129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

>>>Thank you for your advice, you have provided concrete and helpful information, ***not a course on the workings of the forum - and googling!***<<<

It's all just '..INFORMATION..'....many would have recognized it's imminently practical value...accepted it as that...and benefitted from it.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

A dollar a minute.........I never thought of it that way! Poppa, you are about right. So while traveling by taxi in Bermuda, there will be no more guessing on my part. Thanks!

10. Re: Taxis on Bermuda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 21:16