We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im pregnant!!!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Im pregnant!!!

Im 9 weeks pregnant everyone..So pray all goes well..Unfortunely that means I will not be going to Bermuda in June for our anniversary..Even though Im due Aug 12th, my husband feels we should keep the money for me as spending, since I will be a stay at home mom...As you know how much Bermuda costs...Also, not sure If I would want to chance it being that close to my due date...Im hoping we will be able to go in 2009 when our baby will be almost one! Am I crazy for obsessing about missing Bermuda!

Well, I still be on these forums, Bermuda Obsessed Always! (Maybe we can sneak in only 3 nights)LOL....

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im pregnant!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! I know you are so happy! This year is going to go by so fast for you. Just make sure you enjoy this time w/the hubby. Try to sqeeze a long weekend away in Bermuda or at least some place the two of you can relax and enjoy each other! While going to Bermuda may be on hold for now, your thoughts will always be there. You will be back! I hope you are feeling well and will continue with a great pregnacy!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im pregnant!!!

Thanks! We are really excited, this will be our 1st, and Im 34 so we are ready...(Didnt get married till 32) Im glad we got to spend a lot of time with each other, esp on our big trips, and little trips...Hoping our new baby will get to love and experience Bermuda as much as I do! Ill keep ya posted!

Also, since your from my area, have you ever heard or been to the Woolverton Inn ...Its like 5 minutes from New Hope, PA..It looks amazing! Pricey, but really nice!

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im pregnant!!!

Congratulation!! I am so happy for you. I got married at 33 and had my daughter when I was 34. I have taken her to Bermuda with me twice and she loved it. Hope over the years you will share the same experience with yours.

Joni

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im pregnant!!!

BO--That Inn I am not familier with personally..but looks nice. Logan Inn and Lambertville Hotel are also nice. When I stay in New Hope I actually go to Lahaska and stay at the Golden Plough Inn. Nice rooms, some with fireplace. All rooms are located on top of the shops.

Another great place close by is Cape May. We stay at the Southern Mansion located on Jefferson and Washington Street. Another place we have been is the Virginia Hotel. Both are great places and romantic. Cape May is full of great restaurants and shopping as well as the beach. Anytime of the year is good, but now is quiet and summer can get crazy packed. A favorite pub is Ugly Mug. which reminds me that I must get there for a burger soon! CM is close to Atlantic City and ferry ride to outlets in Deleware. All are easy for a quick, relaxing get away. Valentines weekend is usually busy.

Bernardsville, New...
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Im pregnant!!!

Congratulations, you have a lot of fun to look forward to. As I probably mentioned before, I "retired" when I had our first, my one year leave-of-absence turned into forever, and I haven't regretted a day of it. Married at 34, first baby just before 37th birthday and the other two (surprise!!!) a mere 17 months later. Still, when I was 9-10 weeks pregnant do you know what I did? That's right, we went to Bermuda. It was the end of February and we stayed 4 days, 3 nights at Marley Beach but it was a wonderful trip and our last trip to Bermuda until the twins were 1 so it was special to us. You can take an off season trip for a fraction of the price. Because it's too cold to swim you can take the opportunity to stay somewhere you wouldn't normally, say in Hamilton or St. George. In previous years Continental would run deep discounts on airfare out of Newark if you could leave on short notice - which is still possible since you don't have babies yet...

I lived in New Hope for 3 years but never stayed at Woolverton Inn. I did spend my wedding night at the Stockton Inn which was lovely. In fact there are quite a few B&Bs in and around New Hope (Lambertville, Stockton, Milford, Frenchtown, Sargentsville, etc) that are less pricey. Well, once again, congratulations and I know we'll be the first to know if we're expecting a Daniel or an Ariel Swizzle. ;-)

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Im pregnant!!!

I'm so happy for you and can say unequivocally motherhood is the best. Our sons are 28 and 26 and have brought nothing but joy into our lives. You have been so helpful to us with our Bermuda questions, i.e., Cambridge Beaches, I’m thrilled to answer any questions regarding the Woolverton. We have been staying there a few times a year for at least seven years. Carolyn one of the original owners is a gracious and caring host. We usually book one of the five cottages, very spacious, but have also stayed in the main house which is less expensive but also lovely. The breakfasts are delicious and plentiful. The Inn has a book with most of the nearby restaurants menus. Our favorites are Tastebuds, Martine’s and the Sergeantsville Inn. The Inn is located in Stockton NJ but a very short drive into New Hope that we love with all of the eclectic shops to explore. Please don’t hesitate to ask any specific questions you may have. We know the area very well and want to help as much as possible.

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Im pregnant!!!

white diamond scout,

I love Cape May...Growing up we had a beautiful victorian shore house in cape may pt, unfortunately they solder it 3 yrs ago..I really want to go to Virginia Hotel because my parents love it there too!!

Yes, I know about the Golden Plough, we may go there too! ..Last time I went to New Hope we stayed at Porches on the Towpath, it ws Ok, but nothing great

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im pregnant!!!

Scooter, Wow! Looks like you also had a lot of excitement from 34 to 37..!!! maybe we will consider Bermuda at a cheaper rate in March or something...Well see!! and yes, the baby may possibly be named after Bermuda!!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Im pregnant!!!

Dudley, Thanks!!! Yes, Im hoping to maybe convince my husband for a nice weekend trip in Feb, but I know the rooms are filling up fast..It is very expensive, but you know my taste..LOL..The rooms look fabulous! It looks so relaxing too, Im really hoping to go even if its for one night...If we go, Ill be asking your advice about the rooms!!

Thank you everyone for your good wishes to me!! You are truly all part of my Bermuda family! LOL..Its great we can all give each other advice, and family stories..It makes me feel great to hear stories about your children!!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Im pregnant!!!

BermudaO....

It's seems like I rarely even post anything on these forums, anymore....but Daffy2 told me she had spotted your thread stating you were pregnant, so I wanted to pop in to offer my congratulations to you and your husband!

Deb58