We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heading back to bermuda

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
heading back to bermuda

Can't wait to get back. We head out Saturday and will be staying at our place at Newstead Belmont Hills. Will be staying for 9 nights. I haven't stayed that long since I was 20!!! I've been watching forcast and hopefully its wrong and changes. It seems like the island has been getting quite a bit of rain lately. I hope it rains itself out before I get there!!! Looking forward to a wonderful vacation with my family and friends. I'll post when I return.

Pembroke
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: heading back to bermuda

"It seems the Island has been getting quite a lot of rain lately."

-------------------------------------------------

You'd think that by reading the forecast. But actually we've only got passing showers here and there. The forecasts are quite often wrong and there have been a lot of days lately that it's been beautifully sunny when rain and thunderstorms were forecast.

This afternoon was the worst day we've had in a week or so and there was a good bit of sun in between some overcast conditions and a shower or 2. We did have one full day of rain about a week or so ago.

But overall it's magnificent weather and I'm sure you'll have plenty of sun. Rain is possible of course but if you're here for that long you're sure to get lots of good weather.

Don't read the forecasts- unless you enjoy reading fictional writing only. ;o)

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heading back to bermuda

We used to joke about the rain when we lived in Bermuda - they get up to 60inches of rain a year - and still have water shortages

It will pour with rain for one day - inches of rain -and then warm -hot - fantastic sunny weather for weeks Then a couple of days heavy rain again not that nasty drizzle we get here in London

Wish I was heading to Bermuda right now

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heading back to bermuda

Have fun, wish we had headed down for the august cycle, but the unit is rented out, and we will be there for thanksgiving... Hope the ferry is finally running for you.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heading back to bermuda

Thanks guys-you made me feel better about forcast.As for the new ferry, I was told they have a rental one til new one comes. Talk to ya soon.

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
575 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heading back to bermuda

Hi Bermudalover,

I was interested in additional information about Belmont Hills and I sent you a personal message.

6. Re: heading back to bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 14:19