We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations Please!!

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations Please!!

We have been going as a family to Cambridge Beaches for a holiday for several years now.

They have just decided that they won't be allowing children under 16 anymore. Does anyone have any ideas for somewhere else for us to go instead?

Can be anywhere in the Caribbean, but would like somewhere fairly luxurious, that will have things for 10 - 70 year olds and GOOD food.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Many thanks

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations Please!!

Hola: We have been going to the Dominican Republic for 9 years and we always meet many people from the UK. Most of the resorts are All Inclusive and many can cater to all ages with appropriate activities.

Go over to the Punta Cana forum and post this same question, and you will get many answers.

Good luck

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

PS: Any of the Dreams or Iberostar chains are always very good. Many others.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations Please!!

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday at Cambridge Beaches ( see my report ) and wonder if you may like our favourite hotel in Barbados, The Coral Reef Club, a privately owned Small Luxury Hotel of the World on the West Coast, owned by the O'Hara family, again I have posted a report from our last holiday there in May of this year. The hotels are both wonderful with superb food and excellent staff and the facilities are similar, although the beaches are better at Cambridge as the sea constantly erodes the West Coast beaches in Barbados. I would be happy to answer any queries you may have but the standards are very similar in both hotels and we love them both. Coral Reef does accept children and there is an excellent water sports setup and the speedboat is available to guests for all watersports or just whizzing up and down the coast. Holetown is within easy walking distance with the chattel houses and shopping and there are lots of places to eat out if you do not want to eat at the hotel, although I have to say that the food at the hotel is excellent. The hotel will be reopening at the end of October and their new spa should be open from December. Also see my report from Cobblers Cove, further north from Coral Reef, a much smaller hotel but much as we used to love it we will not be returning as they are accepting more and more children now!

Good luck with your change of venue. We are pleased that Cambridge is not accepting children except I believe at Christmas and Easter, but I appreciate that it is going to affect many families like yourselves. Good luck.

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations Please!!

Oh No!!!! I cant believe it!! I Love CB, W@e even named our daughter Cambrie, after CB...Are they nuts!! 16!! That is very old...I would think at least 10 would be more reasonable...What a shame..We really wanted to take Cambrie there after she turned 5, which is what was allowed last year...People should be able to control there children...

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations Please!!

If it's correct that children will be allowed at Christmas and Easter perhaps you could take Cambrie then.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
380 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations Please!!

BermudaObsessed hit the nail on the head with the word "should". You're right, people should be able to control their children...but, alas, many do not...and that results in changes of this nature.

6. Re: Recommendations Please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 00:15