We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No more children at Cambridge Beaches!! have to be 16!

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
No more children at Cambridge Beaches!! have to be 16!

I just read this on another post...Is this true?What a nightmare for us!! We were looking forward to taking our new daughter Cambrie(named after Cambridge Beaches), now 2 months old, to CB...We thought maybe when she was 5! That was the acceptable age...What a shame!! I am so truly disappointed and sad!! I think 16 is a little extreme!!!

USA
Level Contributor
28,184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No more children at Cambridge Beaches!! have to be 16!

From the Terms page of the newly re-designed CAMBRIDGE BEACHES web site--

"...Children's Policy

Cambridge Beaches, has instituted a new mimimum age policy in place for 2009 and beyond; children 16 and up are welcome year-round while children ages five and up are welcome from April 5-19th, and from November 1st-January 15th...".

www.cambridgebeaches.com/stay_terms.cfm

Given you daughter's age (she barley has one at present) I wouldn't be overly concerned. '..policies..' of this sort have a way of changing and going quietly away in the fullness of time and the realities of the hospitality industry.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No more children at Cambridge Beaches!! have to be 16!

BermudaObsessed I feel very sorry that as things stand you will not be able to stay at CB with your daughter until she is sixteen BUT and it really is a huge BUT, for every caring parent such as yourself there are many people nowadays who seem to have very little control over their children and they make life a misery for other guests.

By stipulating certain times of the year when children are allowed to stay, guests can choose whether they wish to stay at another time when children are not allowed.

There are certain hotels to which we no longer return because the management has decided to allow more children. So the choice is there for everyone.

We have just returned from Cambridge Beaches and a very peaceful holiday and I have to say that although I appreciate your disappointment we are pleased and as mentioned,the dates when CB does accept children are on the website.

It's the same old story of certain people spoiling things for everyone else, that's life really.

3. Re: No more children at Cambridge Beaches!! have to be 16!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 20:23