We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which fairmont is nicer

los angeles
Level Contributor
125 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
which fairmont is nicer

the hamilton or the southampton?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which fairmont is nicer

Depends on what you are looking for. Nicer in what way? Give us some more to go on.

USA
Level Contributor
29,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which fairmont is nicer

BOTH the FAIRMONT HAMILTON PRINCESS and the FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON HOTEL are quite nice...and two of the best large hotels on Bermuda....but over the past decade or so, they've been '..positioned..' for two different markets. The Hamilton Princess, located in downtown Hamilton, the capital and commercial center of Bermuda, has been positioned as a 1st class business property. The Southampton Hotel, located out along Bermuda's south shore, has been positioned as a large resort/hotel with large business.convention facilities.

The Fairmont Hamilton Princess is one of Bermuda's '..grande dames..'..and if being out on the ocean isn't a high priority, then the Hamiltom Princess, with it's wonderful Hamilton Harbour-front location and easy strolling walking distances to all of the dining, shopping, nightlife and public transportation options would be our first choice in a heart beat.

Mentioned in this post
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
4,227 Reviews
Bermuda
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
352 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which fairmont is nicer

The nice thing is, both hotels are connected by a free water-ferry ride. So, you can use ammenities at

both really easy. Personally, If going to the beach isn't your #1 choice, I like Hamilton Fairmont. But,

SouthHampton has good views and very posh restaurants. Whichever you would choose, you will be able to "taste" them both.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
Maryland
Level Contributor
118 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which fairmont is nicer

I've vacationed at both properties over the years and frankly whichever one I'm staying in at the time is the one that I like the best.

Hamilton Princess is great because in the morning you can walk a tiny stretch to the local breakfast shop and in the evening you can walk into town where many restaurants are located, have dinner and walk back to the resort. It's extremely convenient and the pools are nice. As mentioned above, the ferry takes you to Southampton if you want to use that property for the beach.

Southampton Princess is fabulous because it's got the beach club and the Willow Stream Spa, which, in my opinion, is one of the nicest I've ever visited. Further, if you have a spa service, you can use the private spa pool, which is an indoor pool but surrounded by a private terrace for sunbathing. It feels very exclusive.

The Newport Room is located in the Southampton Princess and it's amazing. Yet, the lobby bar at the Hamilton Princess is very warm and cozy.

I love both. Sorry, I haven't been much help.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
5. Re: which fairmont is nicer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 21:21