We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few new pics from the Newstead

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A few new pics from the Newstead

The Newstead Belmont Hills has showed all the owners a few new pictures, including the new Water Shuttle..

Here is the view from Beau Rivage of the sunset.

…fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v376/97/11/5066307…

View of the Pool, Beau Rivage and Rooms above

Reception

Pool Deck

Water Shuttle, which is not at all what I expected. It looks like a smaller version of the ferries that go to the Dockyard..

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

They finally updated website with the new pics. They are gorgous. We will be there 3 times next year. March, June, and beginning of Oct. Can't wait. Everytime I need a pick me up I look at the pics!!

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

We are heading for Thanksgiving this year. It should be nice..

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

Have a wonderful time over thanksgiving. I hope you have great weather. I hope the pool bar is up and running or maybe they will only have it open in high season. I did request they put a phone at bar so you can call up to restaurant and they can bring drinks down-not great walking into nice restaurant with bathing suit cover-up!!!! Have fun and post when you return.

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

I got back yesterday from Thanksgiving, and we had a really nice time. The weather completely cooperated, mostly 70 and sunny. We were able to play golf, go into Hamilton, and sit out at the pool. The pool bar was not open, but considering that we were often the only ones at the pool, I was not too surprised. The waiter from Beau Rivage upstairs came down often though to get our orders, and there is now a phone by the bar to call upstairs for drinks as well. Our only complaint was that the shuttle only ran in the morning, which we thought was somewhat useless. Hodgson's Ferry is only a 3 minute walk away, but still, the Shuttle sat there unused for a majority of the day. They have started construction of both Building 8 (Renovation) and the new Buildings 9 and 10 on the west end of the property. All in all it was not much noise or dust, as I feared it could have been. We ended up ordering the turkey and sides from Elbow Beach for Thanksgiving and eating in the Unit, which was quite delicious, and not all that pricey for the 6 of us. We did eat a few dinners at Beau Rivage, which was very good, though pretty rich and fairly expensive. We also had dinner at Barracuda in Hamilton and Rustico out in the Flatts. Both were excellent, but I think we enjoyed Rustico more this trip. All in all a great gettaway.

A few more pics..

…facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v616/97/11/5066…

…fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v616/97/11/5066307…

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

Glad you had a great trip and weather. My mom leaves tomorrow for a week with her friends. I'm glad to hear they put a phone at pool bar-hopefully by summer it will be up and running. They said that they will soon be adding evening ferry hours, probably in spring. Is the island pretty deserted in off-season? Did you need to make dinner reservations? I told my mom about barricuda, we had a wonderful meal. What is Rustico? Where is it by?

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

Rustico is a great not too pricey italian restaurant out in the Flatts, which is about halfway to St. George's. Great menu, with delicious pizza options as well as italian specialites, good wines, and fair prices. I have been a few times now, and highly recommend it.

7. Re: A few new pics from the Newstead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 19:19