We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior65

RTN
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Senior65

Enjoy your trip next week. We will also be at Watford toward the end of May. I would be interested to hear how you feel the ferry schedule is from Watford. We love the ferries and would like to use them when possible. We will also be renting scooters. Again, have a great trip.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior65

Thank you, we are looking forward to a few weeks rest. We have had a very busy winter, not to mention a very cold one. The ferry service from Watford Bridge is somewhat limited with no service on Saturdays and Sundays. We don't rent scooters, but we find that we manage very well using a combination of buses and ferries. It's only a few minutes to the Dockyard on the bus to get a ferry if there isn't a convenient one from Watford. Or, you can take the bus all the way into Hamilton or wherever you are going. We have also used the mini bus and occasional taxis.

USA
Level Contributor
28,171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Senior65

Might be a good idea to leave a bottle of wine under the third bush on the left.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Senior65

SR65 - bon voyage and enjoy!!

Seconds on that bottle.......

Poppa

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Senior65

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Be careful of the bunny rabbits if you go skulking under the bushes looking for the wine!!

Keeeping our fingers crossed that the problems with the buses have been solved by the time that we get there.

USA
Level Contributor
28,171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Senior65

>>>Be careful of the bunny rabbits if you go skulking under the bushes looking for the wine!!<<<

I'm not sure whether they have an '..Easter Bunny..' on Bermuda ??...or whether they just 'super-glue' floppy ears and 'cotton tail' to a 'Road Toad' ??....not all that much difference really(??)...they both '..hop..'.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Senior65

SR65, have a wonderful trip. We'll all look forward to hearing about it on your return. We have just returned from Hamburg, visiting the babies and having fun. Bermuda will have to wait for us until early September, the same as last year.

It's glorious weather here, hope it's the same for you in Bermuda.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Senior65

Thank you. The temperature is creeping up a little in Bermuda so should be perfect for walking and just generally mooching around. There are still a few places we haven't visited so may do some new exploring. Have to decide when I get back whether to take a quick trip to Wales to see my 93 year old mother or wait until my usual trip in December for her birthday. I have a bit further to go than Hamburg to see one of my grandchildren who is in Hiroshima, Japan.

I'll think of you all during the next two weeks and try to keep track of anything that I think may be of interest to you.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Senior65

SNR 65, no doubt someone somewhere will coin a phrase for all of us travelling Grandmas, traversing the Globe to see the little ones. I hope you manage to see your little one in Japan from time to time.

You are so fortunate to still have your Mother at her wonderful age. I lost mine last June just before her 81st birthday, relatively young nowadays and I miss her dreadfully.

We'll be thinking of you next week, have a wonderful time.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Senior65

Are you there, yet? Hope you have a great trip! Fly safe! I'm so jealous that you will be able to view some beautiful sunsets over the Watford bridge these next couple of weeks. While you're on the bridge, look down... my husband and I saw a small sea turtle one night swimming by the bridge, just before sunset... it was so magical!

10. Re: Senior65

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 23:19