We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fairmont southampton or elbow beach

new york
4 posts
Save Topic
fairmont southampton or elbow beach

has anyone stayed at both places? - which one would you recommend?

USA
Level Contributor
27,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fairmont southampton or elbow beach

BEFORE you ask that quaestion, you'd better check and compare the nightly rates for each. FAIRMONT hotels has been sharply discounting rates this summer for both their Southampton and Hamilton hotels.

I like the Elbow Beach Hotel a LOT (and would ordinarily suggest it rather than the FSH)...but the rates for the Fairmont Southampton Hotel might just be the 'tipping point' in a decision making process between the two properties

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fairmont southampton or elbow beach

I also like elbow beach better, but is more expensive. The newer updated rooms are also pricier.

Franklin...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fairmont southampton or elbow beach

I am also looking for some opinions between the two. My husband and I are currently booked at the Fairmont Southampton and are bringing our 10-month-old next month (October 2009). We chose the hotel because of the private beach and ferry to Hamilton since car seats would not be on cabs or buses. However, there are no junior suites available for the length of our stay (available for 2 of 4 nights). The pricing for a junior suite at both locales are about the same, so wondering if I should switch the reservation to Elbow Beach, instead since we aren't likely to go to Hamilton that often anyhow with the little one.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fairmont southampton or elbow beach

Stay at Elbow Beach. It is much better. I really didn't care for the Fairmont. I think everything from the beach access to food and rooms is better at Elbow beach.

5. Re: fairmont southampton or elbow beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 04:15