We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marine life in Bermuda.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marine life in Bermuda.

What kind of marine life can I expect to see snorkeling in Bermuda?

USA
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marine life in Bermuda.

In and around inshore waters (snorkeling from the beach in an area like Church Bay) you are likely to see a few different types of corals, Parrot Fish, Angel Fish, large Groupers, small/moderate size 'Rays', small squid.

Perhaps this will give you some better idea of what you might see over and around some of Bermuda's reefs, farther offshore--

bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00005a.htm

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marine life in Bermuda.

For those planning to go to Bermuda and do some snorkeling I've always suggested that they make their first stop the Bermuda Aquarium. They do an excellent job of presenting all the sea creatures you are likely to see while snorkeling, along with their common and scientific names and something about thier habits. Doing this first makes your snorkeling experinences more fun and more educational, and makes it easier for you to share your experiences with others.

FYI - One poster told me that the above advice may be counter productive for some children (and adults) with over-active imaginations; i.e. once they've seen the big green moray eel in the Aquarium they imagine that they'll see nothing but eels where ever they swim! (The eels are actually much more afraid of you that you of them so you'll almost never actually see one.)

USA
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marine life in Bermuda.

>>>over-active imaginations; i.e. once they've seen the big green moray eel in the Aquarium they imagine that they'll see nothing but eels where ever they swim!<<<

Jacqueline Bisset in a wet tee-shirt and the Moray Eel in the wreck are two enduring memories sea life in 'The Deep' Bermudian waters.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marine life in Bermuda.

All I'm really asking if there are going to be some smaller colorful fish and not just large parrot fish and grouper of the sorts.

5. Re: Marine life in Bermuda.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:20