We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things I plan to pack questions!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
205 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Things I plan to pack questions!

I thought I'd read somewhere that I could take anything type of foods except fruits & vegetables. Then I read somewhere that I could take them but would have to declare them. I also planned on taking frozen fish, meats, bread, eggs, soda, etc. Would I also have to pay duty on bringing my food in? I have rented a cottage and am planning on doing some cooking.

Thanks,

Deb

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things I plan to pack questions!

This should answer your questions--

HM BERMUDA CUSTOMS ALLOWANCES--

http://www.bermudatourism.com/pdf/CUSTOMS.pdf

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things I plan to pack questions!

We're in Somerset now and although some things are a bit breathtaking (oh, those chicken breasts!) things like soda are not bad at all! And many South African wines are fairly inexpensive and not available at home at all!

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things I plan to pack questions!

>>>I also planned on taking...eggs...am planning on doing some cooking....<<<

After transporting eggs via connecting flights from Cleveland to Bermuda...no doubt scrambled, omelettes...and perhaps French Toast are on the menu. Do eggs meet TSA under-3 ounce criteria for carry-on ??

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things I plan to pack questions!

Don't be ridiculous - buy your eggs and bread on the island - and do read the link to HM Customs.

I'm frugal, but there is a limit.....

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things I plan to pack questions!

It is expensive to buy things here, but in the face of paying a checked bag fee to transport your food, I would opt to bring only a few things like p-nut butter and granola bars to get your started...then buy everything here on island. It saves you the hassle and expense of transporting things when you are on vacation.

Besides, a trip to a Bermuda grocery store is an interesting adventure...

6. Re: Things I plan to pack questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 05:25