We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

New York, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

We are choosing between these two hotels - Pink Sands or Elbow Beach. We like good food, good beaches and luxurious rooms and beds.

Any advice?

New York, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

P.S. We are staying at the Reefs for the second half of our trip. So if you could let us know also in terms of geography which hotel would be a good match with The Reefs -- we'd like to experience different areas, etc.

Thank you!

Brigitte

Toronto,Ont
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

Do you mean Pink Beach Club or Elbow Beach ?

New York, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

Yes, of course, apologies. Pink Beach Club

Toronto,Ont
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

I personally would chose Pink Beach Club,hands down !It is a truly classic Bermudian Cottage Colony.It is a very spacious and beautiful property,with spectacular views of the ocean.If you take a look at the photos on their website,you will see what the interior of the rooms look like.Again,classic Bermuda,not over the top luxurious,but you won't be finding that at the Reefs either.The oceanfront accommodations at Pink Beach have great views,but I like the cute little garden cottages just as well.They have two beach areas,both are really nice.

The food is great,and the service is Bermuda friendly ,and very personal. Pink Beach is in Smith's parish,which is the eastern end of the island.It is close to Flatt's Village,where you will find the aquarium,Rustico restaurant for a great lunch,and Shelly Bay beach close by.The #1 bus will take you into St George,a quaint and very historic town on the far eastern end of the island.On the way back to Pink Beach you could stop at Crystal caves,Swizzle Inn or Bailey's Ice Cream shop.The Reefs, where you say you are staying next, is in Southhampton,at the western end of the Island close to Horseshoe Bay beach and Gibb's Hill Lighthouse.It is an easy bus ride from there up to the far western end of the island.I think that Pink Beach and the Reefs would compliment each other very nicely.Have a great trip!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

I can't compare the two, but we spent the day at Elbow Beach resort and it was fabulous! Very luxurious and great service. I had the best Bloody Caesar ($8) and a wonderful Chicken & Mango salad with curry dressing ($22). OUTSTANDING! All the food coming out of the kitchen looked great. Very nice facilities on the beach. There is a bit of a walk down to the beach. Makes for some great views. My camera battery died and I have no pictures. I am so disappointed! The guests there were definately the upper crust.

USA
Level Contributor
27,522 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

The comparison is of the apples-vs-oranges sort. The ELBOW BEACH HOTEL is a large, full-service 'resort/hotel' property. PINK BEACH CLUB is a smaller, more intimate, Bermudian 'cottage colony' property. Each is a fine choice in its own right. Eiher would be a fine choice.

Since you plan to switch accommodations to THE REEFS HOTEL (one of Bermuda's very best, small 'boutique hotels') I'm inclined to suggest that you select the larger ELBOW BEACH 'resort/hotel' for the first portion of your visit. Book a room in one of the recently renovated, 'flower-named' (Bouganvillea, Frangipani, Poinciana, Gardenia, Oleander, etc) 'cottages' on the lushly landscaped, lower grounds of the hotel property for a bit of both large and the 'feel' of smaller.

mandarinoriental.com/bermuda/…resortmap.pdf

If you're just 'trying out' different small 'cottage colonies' and 'boutique hotels' for comparison for future visit(s) then book PINK BEACH CLUB.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

Sorry if this info is coming rather late....but as I feel I have been the bearer of bad news a great deal lately, I regret to say that the rumour mill is running again, saying that when the Pink Beach Club closes for the season this year, it may not open again--ever.

So, with Elbow Beach closing down most of the hotel and the possible permanent closure of Pink Beach Club, you may have to stay at the Reefs the whole time, which wouldn' t be a horrible thing at all!

I would certainly ask Pink Beach pointed questions about their re-opening after the season to see if they will indeed be opening up again. And be prepared if they call you in the middle of winter to let you know that they have to cancel your reservation as they have decided to remain closed...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

Elbow Beach, much nicer & can't get any closer to the beach than this. Great patio restaurant on the beach, beautiful sand can walk7jog on hard packed sand for 1.5km., fantastic swimming

London, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

Has anyone been to Pink Beach lately, well if you have you will find a delapadated property which has slowly fallen to bits over the last 10 years. The clubhouse hasn't been renovated for over 20 years. The place is depressing and most of its guests have jumped ship to nicer places. The property is in an amazing location however in its current state you better stay away as far away as possible. The place really needs to be torn down its that bad.

London, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pink Sands or Elbow Beach

Has anyone been to Pink Beach lately, well if you have you will find a delapadated property which has slowly fallen to bits over the last 10 years. The clubhouse hasn't been renovated for over 20 years. The place is depressing and most of its guests have jumped ship to nicer places. The property is in an amazing location however in its current state you better stay away as far away as possible. The place really needs to be torn down its that bad.