We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Delaware
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are considering heading back to Bermuda (this will be my 3rd trip, his 2nd), for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Last time we stayed at 9 Beaches and we absolutely loved it! We were very sad to learn that it has closed (for now) and we are looking for a new place to stay.

We are looking for a place that is very self-contained - i.e. great snorkeling is available right there (we loved walking down from our cabana less than one minute from the water), along with water sport rentals, nice beach, etc... We aren't too concerned about the location, although if it is very far removed from other places, we'd like there to be at least one nice restaurant on site as we will be there for about a week.

We're pretty adventurous and travel frequently and could go with a fancy high rise, or something with a laid back vibe. The only thing we'd prefer not to do is a vacation rental that doesn't have a restaurant on site since I'm the household chef and take a break from cooking when we travel!

Could you please suggest your favorite places to stay?

Thank you!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Take a look at the list of hotels on the left side of this page. Narrow it down and come back with some questions. My favourites may not be your favourites. You don't say when you are planning to go or what price range you have in mind.

USA
Level Contributor
28,184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

You really aren't going to come up with anything in Bermuda that's a '..match..' to the old 9 Beaches Resort (gone...intentions to build fractional-ownership condos). As noted above, you should look at the HOTELS listing for Bermuda and come up with your own '..short list..' of three or four possibilities that seem a '..fit..' for your own personal preferences, priorities, expectations and budget....and resonate with you. If ocean front/beachfront is a high priority, then the 'list' becomes even shorter.

For what it's worth, of all of the hotel choices that are open to you; none will be as relatively remote as the old 9 Beaches was.

baltimore
Level Contributor
671 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Willowbank(if you don't mind slightly religious)

Delaware
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Thank you for your replies!

Our dates are Wed., June 22 to Monday, June 27 or Tuesday, June 28 and our price range for lodging is $4k or less, including meals (at least Breakfast and Dinner).

I think I've narrowed it down to Pompano Beach Club or Pink Beach Club. Thoughts regarding either?

Bermuda
Level Contributor
2 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Hello,

You might want to try Pompano Beach Club or the Reefs if you want gorgeous water at your doorstep. They're very highly rated and it sounds like either would put a tick in every box for you.

Hope this helps!

Kingston House B&B

USA
Level Contributor
28,184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

I think the best choice is going to be POMPANO BEACH CLUB. Ordinarily, Pink Beach Clube would be a fine choice except...that the property has been experiencing financial difficulties for some time (presently in receivership) and incurred severe storm damage during Hurricane Igor last fall. I'm not sure how well the property has properly recovered from it. So for the time being, you may be best served by PBC. Better safe than sorry.

As noted above, if they have availability for your proposed travel dates and your budget will run to it, THE REEFS HOTEL would probably be at the top of mosts lists....and a fine choice.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 04:05
USA
Level Contributor
28,184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

Bear in mind that the particular period that you've indicated--June 22th--June 28th--will fall withih what is the most heavily booked perios of the entire year for Bermuda tourism. Try to arrive at a decision and make your reservations as soon as possible. Yesterday wouldn't have been too soon...and tomorow may already be too late for these properties.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
315 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

I highly recommend Pompano Beach Club after staying there last summer. It is owned and managed by a Boston based family and they give personal attention to all their guests. For Bermuda, the MAP plan is very reasonably priced. The facilities are not ultra luxury, but comfortable, spacious and most rooms have spectacular views. The beach is much larger than it appears in photos and it was never a problem to find chairs. Food was good, and the weekly barbecue buffet was excellent. There is golf available at the adjoining Port Royal course.

Philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

You can't go wrong with Pompano. While it is not as trendy as some other hotels, the views are beautiful and the service is excellent. We have stayed at Elbow Beach, the Southampton, Grotto Bay and the St. George's Club over the past 35 years. We discovered Pompano about five years ago and won't stay any other place.

Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a new place to stay in Bermuda

What's the full range of dates that are most heavily booked?

Thanks KDK!