We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

vandalia, OH
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

Tickets are cheap to bermuda right now, so i am going to go with it.... This is my first time, and I have been reading about the different beaches, etc....but need HELP! I'll try to tomake this simple... I'm reading about beaches with coves, etc that are less crowded, like warwick long bay, astwood cove... but where do you stay that is on these beaches? Are there no beachfront properties on these beaches? I'll be going around august or september, and am thinking $1000 a week for two people for lodging at the most...

I'm just not into crowded beaches at crowded hotels.... just want something at least partially secluded, even if hotel or lodging is a little busy...any ideas? any ideas on beaches I should be looking at...I guess I could walk a little bit, if a more secluded beach was in reach....

I need advice!!

thanks

steve

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

There are no hotels on the beaches that you mention. If you mean $1,000 for a week I doubt that you will find anything on any of the South Shore beaches for that. Your best bet would be something like Clairfont which is not beachfront but is only a short walk to Warwick Long Bay. You would have kitchen facilities there which would help to keep your costs for food down if you made some of your own meals.

You could also consider renting. www.bermudarentals.com and www.bermudagetaway.com are both reputable sites. It's possible to rent a studio apartment for as little as $125 a night. Some of them have water views and are sometimes within walking distance to a beach or a short bus ride.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

As you've already noted, there are no hotel properties at or near to these little semi-secluded, uncrowded rock crenellated coves and beaches....which is pretty much WHY they are uncrowded and semi-secluded. Can't have it both ways....'..we have met the enemy...and he is us..'.

As noted abovem within the price range you describe, you won't find much or anything in the way of beachfront hotels. CLAIRFONT APARTMENTS-- http://www.clairfontapartments.bm/ --is a wonderful, small, family-oned/operated, guest apartment property with self-catering facilities in each unit. It is within easy walking distances of several wonderful south shore beaches, including a few wonderful little, semi-secluded, rock crenellated coves and beaches.

Or as noted above, you can scan through the private rental property listings of BERMUDA RENTALS-- http://www.bermudarentals.com/ --for small, private rental apartments and cotages that fit your guest accommodation budget.

It's also worth noting that Bermuda has an excellent, economic (with the purchase of a multi-day, public Transportation Pass) public transportation system--buses and ferries---so getting out 'n about is relatively convenient and easy. Just about every mile/minute, of just about every public bus and ferry rouye is just a '..great ride..'. Buses and ferries also make great 'raised platforms' to see Bermuda's many beauties, from both landward and seaward perspectives, as you go....or for the most flexible, convenient and fun way to get out'n about there are rental motor scooters, which allow you to travel along your own routes, on your own schedule, meandering, detouring and stopping wherever and whenever you like. So I wouldn't be overly inclined (at least we've never been) to make beachfront a high priority. In Bermuda, getting there can be--and often is--half the fun.

Edited: 20 May 2011, 04:24
baltimore
Level Contributor
678 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

Even the Clairfont will run you $200.00 per night with tax and tip- need to Budget more Money(unless a few other dumpy places).

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

There's nothing 'dumpy' about many of the studio rentals at about $125 a night. They often rival the best of the hotel rooms, you are just not paying for all the amenities of a hotel such as on-site restaurants etc. If the OP really wants to go to Bermuda on a very limited budget a rental is really the best option. Very rarely go any other way myself all over the world. Not a lot to do with the cost in my case just a personal preference. I can usually find a 2 bedroom apartment, often with 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, outside space, for less than 1 room in a hotel. Important when we are staying for several weeks at a time, not so important if it's only a few days.

As an example we go to Cape Cod every year. This year we have a four bedroom house on a large property overlooking a marsh, less than five minutes stroll to one of our favourite beaches all for $1500 a week.

Nothing 'dumpy' about that.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

>>>There's nothing 'dumpy' about many of the studio rentals at about $125 a night.<<<

As noted above, there is nothing at all '..dumpy..' about more moderately or modestly priced private rental properties in Bermuda. For the most part, most of these private, short-term, 'vacation rental' apartments and 'cottages' are adjuncts of an owners' own residences. '..Pride of ownership..' standards in Bermuda tend to be very high.

There are no '..dumps..' amongst these private rental properties. What there are is a broad selection of guest accommodations which offer more or less facilities, services, and amenities...for more or less cost....and more often than not, relative '..location..' has more to do with '..price..' than many other factors. Which private rental property '..suits..' best depends entirely on ones own presonal preferences, priorities, special needs and BUDGET (an inconvenient fact of life for most). At the very least, ALL share the same '..grounds..' of RESORT BERMUDA. Because of these factors, one can enter the private rental property market with a much greater degree of personal comfort and confidence than most other vacation destinations.

6. Re: first time to Bermuda--where to stay for semi-secluded beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:32