We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual/lower priced places to eat

Level Contributor
143 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
casual/lower priced places to eat

We enjoy eating at casual places to eat (we will have our 11 year old daughter along) in the west end area. We are staying at Watford Ferry Apts. We will have a bus pass and don't mind traveling a little for a good place to eat.

We like eating our main meal midafternoon (many times off the lunch menu) and then snacking later. The portions are fine for us and it's usually cheaper too! :) Any suggestions?

When we were in the Caymans, many times we would snorkel and then eat in our bathing suits and cover ups. Is this appropriate in any restaurants in Bermuda? I did see in my research so far that there are some places to eat at some of the beaches. Any of those worth eating at?

USA
Level Contributor
27,358 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

There are modestly/moderately restaurants located all over Bermuda--from east-to-west and shore-to-shore. Given that you may be in any portion of Bermuda, on any given day, at any given time that it suits you for lunch or dinner....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147255-i208-k3921…

This might also be a good occasion to learn to use this site's-- '...SEARCH IN:..Bermuda Forums..' --feature (located in the Light Green box above this Topic page) Try using '..Inexpensive restaurants..'..,'cheap eats..'...'...reasonaly priced..'...'..Bermuda Restaurants..', etc as your basic Search criteria..then scroll through some of the 'threads' to find answers.

Boston...
Level Contributor
427 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

It's a hike but worth the beautiful ride - my vote is for Swizzle Inn

Hamilton Parish

Level Contributor
143 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

I saw Swizzle Inn - looks good! There is even a reasonable kids' menu! How about the Rum Swizzles - are they good?? :)

USA
Level Contributor
27,358 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

>>>How about the Rum Swizzles - are they good??<<<

Invented at the original Swizzle Inn....Best in Bermuda...accept no substitutes...order your second pitcher when the first arrives to save time with empty glasses.

As for the food..it will be good '..pub grub..'...nothing at all special. If you stop at the original Swizzle Inn location, at the top of Blue Hole Hill, near the airport, make sure to cross the road to the BAILEY'S ICE CREAM SHOP...whose ice cream is special. They also offer a limited, inexpensive, basic lunch menu (hot dogs, grilled cheese, BLT, etc).

baltimore
Level Contributor
608 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

Paraquet Inn and Restaurant- right on Bus Route # 7 and short walk to Elbow beach.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
453 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

If you're in Hamilton check out La Trattoria.

Boston...
Level Contributor
427 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

SWIZZLES are the best and from there especially! I prefer Strawberry daquiri friom there, MMMM i have a review with pics comming soon of it, check it out

8. Re: casual/lower priced places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 00:17