We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food/water through Bermuda customs

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Food/water through Bermuda customs

I will be on a cruise ship docking in Bermuda for 3-days. On some days we wanted to take a small lunch off the ship and go to a beach. Will customes allow me to take food and a bottle of water off the ship and go through customs with it? Thanks Tom

USA
Level Contributor
28,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food/water through Bermuda customs

Unless you need the services of a fork lift to carry that food and water off of the ship...you will have absolutely NO DIFFICULTY in carrying food and personal items off of or back aboard your ship during your stay in Bermuda.

The only possible difficulty you may encounter is in carrying quantities of liquors, wines and beers aboard ship...but this will be cruise line '..policy..' rather than any concern of HM Customs in Bermuda. Check the carry-on liquor policies of you particular cruise line.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food/water through Bermuda customs

Thanks for the info. But I know when going through customs in other countries, they would not allow thing such as fruit open water. They would even fine you. But you think it would be ok to bring a small lunch through?

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food/water through Bermuda customs

Fruit and any dairy products would possibly be an issue, as would uncooked meat. I doubt water would be an issue.

Concord,MA
Level Contributor
79 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food/water through Bermuda customs

water (Bottled) and dry goods will be no problem as long (as the previous poster stated) you are'nt taking a cargo load in with you. Uncooked meat and fruit will be confiscated...

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food/water through Bermuda customs

We were told on our cruise ship (NCL Dawn) that each piece of fruit or meat is subject to a $500 fine. They told us in person and in print. I wouldn't chance it to save on having to buy lunch. They sell water on the the cruise ship right before you disembark but you can buy it much cheaper at a Dockyard shop so just wait until you get off the boat.

6. Re: Food/water through Bermuda customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:19