We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from another great trip to Bermuda

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Back from another great trip to Bermuda

We just got back from a quick, three night stay in Bermuda. We stayed at the Royal Palms again and were treated wonderfully. I know everyone has their favorite places to stay but this one for me is really the best. You cannot beat the location and the reasonable rates. The grounds and pool area are so nice. We despised leaving yesterday.

As usual, I was worried about the weather but it was the best beach weather we ever had on the island. We went to John Smith's and to Horseshoe on Saturday and Sunday. The waves were beginning to to get a little rough on Sunday. Also, we took a glass bottom boat ride that was fabulous. I cannot remember the name of the boat but the owner's name is Michael and his assistant is Jermaine. They were very friendly and informative. We saw many sea turtles and so many beautiful fish. We also sailed by the Cambridge Beaches and the old 9 Beach resort. We had time for snorkeling and swimming. It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon and the price was very reasonable at $40.

We had dinner and lunch at the usual locals: Flanaghan's, the Hog Penny, Robin Hood and at a Bajan restaurant. We had a really nice dinner at Portofino one evening.

We are already thinking about going back right after Christmas again this year. Of course the weather wont be as warm as we just had but it will be better than the cold December days that we will surely have in Boston. I have always had a great time in Bermuda and have always had some sunshine and an occasional drizzle. I cannot wait to go back !

Bermuda
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

Glad you had a good time and hope you do manage to come back after Christmas. Btw if you think the waves were a little rough on Sunday you should see them today. It's a beautiful sunny day with huge waves rolling in - absolutely beautiful although I wouldn't risk swimming!!

USA
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

>>>The waves were beginning to to get a little rough on Sunday.<<<

With the recent storm activity in the region, Bermuda's coterie of surfers live for this time of the year--North Atlantic storm season and warm water--when they can drive to the beach, wax up their boards, paddle out and find waves (worth the cost of the gas to get there) to ride.

USA
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

>>>We had dinner and lunch at the usual locals:.... and at a Bajan restaurant.<<<

SPRING GARDEN ( planet99.com/bermuda/…spring_garden.html ) ??... tucked back in along the Washington Mall alley ??... the entrance 'tunnel' looks as if it leads to a loading dock?? dining terrace with palm trees surrounded by downtown buildings ??...cricket matches on TVs above the bar ??

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

otroviaje....sounds like you had a fabulous time while you were there on Bermuda.....perfect weather for the beach, snokeling, boating, dining out.....what could be better!

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

Thank you for sharing your trip details. I just booked our trip this morning! We are headed back to Bermuda on November 16. I am very excited, and looking forward to all of the planning and trip preparation. I can almost feel that pink sand between my toes!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

Thanks for sharing your experience....looking forward to our visit soon!!!

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

I just cant stop thinking about Bermuda! We are back home to some dreary weather and my mind is consumed by images of the ocean, flowers and palm trees! As KDKSails often mentions, even the bus rides are spectacular.

We didn't get to the railway trail this trip but it might be something we will do in December when we return, I really enjoyed that a few years back.

Last February, we went to the Barbados thinking it would be similar too Bermuda. The weather was nice and the water was great but the entire time I was wishing that we were in Bermuda. It just seemed to be lacking the charm and friendliness of Bermuda and it took forever to get there. The reason why I mentioning this is that I think even though Bermuda might be pricier, you still get a really good value. Especially if you live in the North East.

So yes, I will return in December and take the risk that the weather may not be sunny every day. Then again, it might be. I have never been disappointed with any trip to Bermuda and I have been there at different times of the year. So a little getaway after Christmas will be wonderful.

USA
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

>>>I think even though Bermuda might be pricier, you still get a really good value.<<<

You've hit the nail squarely on the head. There are any number of island/beach vacation destinations that offer lower prices and 'deals' that APPEAR to offer more of the proverbial '..bang-for-the-buck..'...but few (if any) that offer the relative VALUE of what Resort Bermuda provides...beauty, hospitality, convenience, safety and.....'..comfort..'.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

Geez....where is that "LIKE" button? I really "LIKE" the last two posts from KDK & otroviaje!

Concord,MA
Level Contributor
79 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from another great trip to Bermuda

Thanks for sharing- has inspired me to stop by the Royal Palms- everyone who has stayed or dined there, almost, gives it such great reviews! Thanks for the post