We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What closes during a Hurricane

baltimore
Level Contributor
646 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What closes during a Hurricane

Are beaches and buses still open during a huricane, (will someone forbid me to swim) ? (I'm a fairly strong swimmer).

Pembroke
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What closes during a Hurricane

this is clearly a joke, right?

if we were being hit by a hurricane, you would die in the ocean no matter how strong a swimmer you are.

USA
Level Contributor
27,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What closes during a Hurricane

When Tropical Storm or Hurricane Warnings are posted, Bermuda's public beaches are CLOSED. But you can get a special permission to swim by applying in person at the Visitor's Information desk at Saint Brendan's. Just stop by,...tell what ya' want...and why...and they'll take care of everything.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What closes during a Hurricane

hurricanes cause shipwrecks, are you a stronger swimmer than a ship? please don't put a lifeguard in danger by entering the water when advised not to. as for buses, it depends on how strong the wind is. i believe the causeway, the bridge to st davids and st georges, closes when wind is predicted to be higher than 60mph.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What closes during a Hurricane

Also obviously the ferries will stop running. As Sonny said you wouldn't even dream of swimming during a hurricane. I'm sure that if you took one look at the water you would work that out for yourself! Even though Hurricane Katia has been about 300 miles away from us the seas on the South Shore over the last 2/3 days have been ROUGH with very strong rips. Believe me if the Island was taking a direct hit from a hurricane you would want to stay inside!!

Bermuda
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What closes during a Hurricane

LMAO! It's completely safe and no one can force you to not swim, but when you do I can't guarentee you that I won't laugh when they recover your lifeless body.

6. Re: What closes during a Hurricane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 04:17